What's new

The O.C. Season 3 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
Just finished watching the first Ep of Season 3 and I quite enjoyed it.

Thankfully most things got resolved in this Ep, though it seems like Kristens new friend will be around for a while.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I started watching it, but the copyright notice all over the bottom of the screen bugged me too much. ;) I'll wait until tomorrow instead. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So what is the Jeri Ryan character up to? Is she crushing on KiKi, perhaps to stalker-lez proportions? :)

They sure did hit the reset button for the most part by the end of the episode to clear the slate and have the "teen" characters in their place for their senior year. Last season had the 2 pairs of couple trying to stay away from each other, but this year it seems they are ready to commit to one another. Will this make it a ho-hum season?

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I liked how they wrapped up last season in one episode. For a moment I was afraid they were going to drag out the whole "Ryan in jail" bit for a few episodes.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Good episode to finish the cliffhangers. Some reviewers said it didnt have enough humor. Well someone was shot, someone died and someone went into Rehab in the 2nd season finale. The first episode back wasnt going to be back to normal. Looking forward to see what happens now.

capt

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I was disappointed to see Jimmy Cooper turn to the dark side. I just want to know why Julie Cooper isn't under investigation for blackmail?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I was HOPING they would. How about taking it all to court, instead of solving it right away with a hand-written note? Besides, I know the writers are lazy, but there was no way Trey's charge that Ryan shot would have held up in court, there was WAY too much technical evidence to disprove it. According to the show, a couple of months had passed, I am sure they had the results of the tests on Marissa that I assume were taken, that would show she was the shooter. Case closed. But this show is so craptastically written that it of course doesn't matter.

Really, how the hell can they have a soap with a lawyer as on eof the main characters and NOT be in a court room at least SOMETIMES? There are so many wasted opportunities in this show it's a shame.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Shhh, no one tell MickeS that this is a soap. I know you mention it, and perhaps it is less clean than most soaps. However, it is a soap, we all know that, and we are enjoying the ride.

Especially those who live in the spot they do and experience nothing that happens on the show :).

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, overall I do enjoy the show though, otherwise I wouldn't be watching. :)

I liked the "go ahead, put it on iTunes" comment from Seth about his testimony.

The guy who played Trey was a good actor. Hope he comes back!

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
pretty crappy -- the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over again.

Jeri Ryan is now going to get it on with Kirsten? Fox is really desperate.

David Rosen

Agent
I personally was screaming for the CSI team to take a road trip to the OC to run a simple GSR and prove that Marissa shot the gun. Grissom would have figured that one out in about a minute- I guess that the cops on CBS are a little bit smarter than the ones on FOX!

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Aside from the wierdness of seeing Brom Garrett from "Deadwood" as the D.A., I actually enjoyed this episode. I'm not a fan of Jeri Ryan's Charlotte, and I think Julie went over the line with the death threats, but it does fit her motives. I loved the interaction between the four younger main characters (Seth called them the "Fantastic Four" last season, which kind of fits), even in the cheesy beach romp. The Ryan character, especially, has changed from the brooding, stoic half-mute into a guy who's ready to joke, play, and even cry. The scenes where he mocks Summer at the beach and hugs Sandy at the bus stop were really well played.

The big question is how they're going to work the "moral center" of Sandy and Kirsten, but I have faith that they'll have an easier time of it this year, at least with each other.

Also, check out this interview of Josh Schwartz (the show's creator) by Bill Simmons of ESPN. It's a good one, with plenty of infomation and behind-the-scenes that answers some nagging questions about last season. Plus, if you were a fan of Peter Gallagher's singing, you'll be pleased to hear he has an album coming out in November? I wonder if they'll make it into one of the "O.C. Mix" albums?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

My major beef with last season. They introduced characters for no other reason than to move the regular characters along and then dumped. Although I guess they did that season 1 as well with Anna and Luke.

I thought the premiere was ok and the whole Jerry Ryan plot looks to be this season's Oliver.
What happened to this once great show??

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show has lost its edge, and it's just sputtering along.

Perhaps Kirsten's stalker was hoping to cash in since Kirsten was due an inheritance, and she appears to have money troubles. What will the stalker do when she finds out that Kirsten has nothing but a letter of apology from her father?

The whole intercutting between Ryan putting another notch on the bedpost, Jimmy getting the crap beat out of him, and I forget the 3rd subplot was pretty clumsily done.

The disciplinarian dude is such a cardboard villian.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, it's pretty brutal. Not sure why I keep watching it, and I don't see myself cancelling the Tivo Season Pass (even though I should). I don't get the whole thing with Kiersten's stalker at all, and the new dean is lame. And who was that guy that Jimmy owed money to and what did he owe him for? Did they ever even reveal that?

Maybe now the Coopers and Kiersten's stalker can all move into the Cohen's house.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that this show is nowhere near as good or fresh as it once was. However, it is still fun and don't anticipate that it will lose my viewership any time soon.

I'm looking forward to the dean getting busted for sleeping with miss perfect (forget her name).

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I dug this episode more than last week, particularly the Seth/Summer storyline and the return of Kirsten. Ryan practically ran into her arms, and combined with the fact that she talks about her sons, they've brought the Cohens and Ryan together as a true family.
You mean Taylor? Yeah, I'm waiting for that tumble. I thought it was going to happen in the scene where Seth finally grows a pair, but I guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/12/06 "Safe Harbor"

I think The O.C. does work best when it's the gang against the world. When it's in-fighting between the couples or parentals, the show drags to a slow halt.

So I also thought this episode was a good return to season 1 form. Seth and Summer were cracking me up.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I really wish they had left the show at 8:00. Now it's on opposite CSI and They Call Me Earl so I guess I'll have to tape it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks