What's new

The O.C. Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I never suspected he could be a cop, but it makes sense. As far as Yard Boy and Marissa doing it. Cops make mistakes too, especially young ones. He did quit the night before the cops took Calib. Its acctually quite a string of coincidences. and what better way to cause drama in the OC? If Sandy found out, couldnt he try for a mis-trial? Its the only thing to do when you have evidence stacked up against you. Hope you can proove they got the evidence wrongly and shoot for a mis-trial. I think its plausible. But is it likely? Probably not...its far fetched.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I didn't really like the new episoe of the season, hopefully when I watch the second one, it will be better.

Most ridiculous part of the new season was every carpenter in the Cohen house had their shirt off, that would not happen in a million years. I know it's the OC but it was just too over the top.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Also, I noticed that the pickup truck the carpenter drove the kids to school in, wouldnt look so beat up or small in the OC. you know it would be this deluxe huge truck, not a little S10 or whatever it was. Also, its really hard to find a contractor who will start working on a job the next day. especially one thats already been started. And if Kirsten knows contractors, then why didnt she pick a dependable one in the first place?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/18/04

New love interests are introduced, Ryan finds out that the cute redheaded physics lab partner is the same girl whom he has comically spilled ice coffee on, and bopped on the head accidentally a few times, and she views him as a rich kid with no smarts. Ryan tries to change her perception of him, and she warms up to him eventually.

Seth, in trying to show Summer he just wants to be friends with her, goes looking for tickets to "The Walkmen" and it's a sold out show at a nearby club, but seeing that employees of the club get gratis tickets, Seth begs for a job, and Alex (Olivia Wilde) gets him the job, mop-up duty, and Seth finds out later she's also young, around 17, and got kicked out of school, so she now just works at the club. Summer's current boyfriend Zach suggests that Summer go to the show without him, and to deal with her issues with Seth, being way too adult about the whole situation. But in the end, it works out for Zach as Summer realizes that Seth and her can't just be friends.

Sandy and Kirsten had to deal with Caleb undermining Kirsten by naming Julie as CEO, and Caleb offers Kirsten the CFO job while Julie is to be the figurehead while Caleb contends with his court case. Sandy gets fired from his lawfirm job because he's representing Caleb.

Seth's attempt to just be friends with Summer fails miserably. Marissa also sees Ryan getting along well with his physics lab partner, but she mistake it for Ryan moving on, so she's disappointed by this development.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Episode title: "New Kids on the Block" (and boy was I looking for someone to mention "hangin' tough")

I liked the intro to the new characters, and I'm really liking Alex. While I'm hoping that they don't turn her into a love interest too quickly, Marissa really needs to get it into her head that she can't string Ryan along again and again. And he should stop falling for it.

The Seth storyline (because really, even when it's about it not being about him, it's about him) made me cringe. Summer's being way too passive, and Seth's way too clingy. She should just have hauled off and smacked him in the club.

And the parents. Sandy should be getting physical towards Caleb at this point. Kirsten too. He's given them nothing but trouble, after they have (needlessly, IMO) sacraficed their livelihoods for him. Now's the time to reintroduce fistfights into the storyline. Peter Gallagher doesn't get enough physical acting in, let him scrap it up:).

Oh, and a note to the O.C. writers, producers, and directors: The music that's supposed to be cool and not mainstream loses that appeal when it's on a hit show on national TV. "90210" sucked, the Peach Pit was hokey, and we don't need you to introduce us to good music that way. You were doing fine with it last year, don't screw it up.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

Unfortunately it looks like "The Bait Shop" is gonna be a weekly hangout spot for the hip young O.C. crowd and will feature some random musical group.

Did anyone else get nervous when Alex refered to the boss of The Bait Shop as Nat? I thought for a second, we were about to have a 90210 crossover. ;)

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

I don't know that she is necessarily mistaken by that; seems he may be moving on and there was definitely some flirting going on.

Another good episode to brighten my Thursday night. Keep 'em coming.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
A 17-year-old high school dropout managing a club is one thing. But the hair is just too much. (That butterfly tattoo doesn't help either.) Olivia Wilde looked much better last year on Skin.

I prefer the redhead Lindsay, played by Shannon Lucio. (Kinda looks like Melissa Joan Hart.) When she first said, "God doesn't gift with both hands," I thought she meant brains and looks. But that's not right because she's both smart and pretty (unless she has some real self-image issues). Maybe she meant brains and (being born into) money.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Does Seth bug anyone else? I realize that is his character, but geez it's a bit much!

I was laughing my butt off when Ryan spilled his drink on that girl and then elbowed her in the nose. It was just too funny. Then he hits her in the back of the head while scooting into his seat. lol.

The rest of the show was pretty boring.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Seth is gotten a bit too obnoxious for me. He used to be humorous but is just plain annoying now.

Here's some interesting news and I hope it's true. She is the weakest link....

Over and out?

"It" girl Mischa Barton is hinting she may leave TV's hit drama the The O.C., because her heart truly belongs to film.

While she enjoys her role on The O.C., which is now in its second season, the 18-year-old beauty isn't sure she wants to play troubled teen Marissa Cooper for too much longer.

Barton rationalizes, "I'm going back to film. It could go against me to be in a long-running show."

(That's assuming the show even has a shelf life -- so far season two has been rather unsatisfactory.)

It's understandable that the svelte starlet would want to get back to her acting roots. 2001's Tart was a real cult classic. Oh wait. No it wasn't.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/02/04

I think it's taken too long for Seth and Ryan to "find" their new love interest this season, which made this episode too predictable and only chuckle-worthy in spots.

I find that the Julie-Caleb-Sandy-Kirsten subplot just dull and lifeless.

Please, send Marissa away, her scenes just stop the show dead in its tracks.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky

OHTHANKGOD!!

Weakest link is right!

Hate that Mischa (a guy's name, btw.. Well, the diminutive of a guy's name)... :angry:

Did anyone else think she looked totally retarded in that hat?! The hat, the way she chose to wear said hat.. Hip? Nope, just very wrong.. So wrong, it's right? Nope and nope..

And quit all the Seth hatin! :)

That guy always cracks me up..

A ho-hum episode, really.. Broken only by rage-inducing cameos by the never wanted Marissa..

Hopefully next one will get things moving again..

It looks like Seth's biker chick is going to be ditching the "caught with paint in a wind-tunnel" look, which is good..

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
There was a line in last night's episode between Seth Ryan and Lindsay that had me rolling on the floor, but I can't remember it right now.
Otherwise I thought the episode was ok.
Yea Doug I agree with ya.
I don't like Mischa's style of clothes either.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was it about Ryan liking "walks on the beach, punching people and not smiling"? Later at the end, Ryan was actually smiling will sitting on the bus bench with Lindsay. Whoa!

Chuck_W

Second Unit
That was a great line, but overall I have to say this season has been a bit disappointing. Are they gonna keep featuring this live club music every week to sell more OC Mix CD's?

JamieJ

Agent
The episode was okay, but nothing like last seasons episodes.

I know it's annoying, it reminds me of the damn Peach Pit Afterdark from 90210..lol...Come on Fox, think of something original, instead of selling cd's!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks