What's new

The O.C. - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It depends on how much Caleb paid Jimmy/Sandy for the land/restaurant (which was at least double what the two paid to get into the deal). I thought Jimmy was only in debt for $250,000.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Damn that was a sad ending.

Kirsten is sad, so sad, there were hints that she and Jimmy did what Theresa couldn't do when Kirsten found out about her pregnancy in her teen years.
Yea I thought the exact same thing.

I liked the "important announcement" at the end of the show... I mean was it ever in limbo if the show would return?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Well I guess we now know what they meant by Full Circle.
I think they should just bring on a new adopted son each year. Next year they guy come come from Tijunana or something.
I was half expecting there to be a fight at the wedding. Hmmm, guess this is a first for a big function, no one got punched.

There is one thing I am confused about. If this guy wanted all the property on this ocean front land, why didnt he just buy it from the original owner instead of waiting to get it unloaded from Caleb?

So will Julie be pennieless next season? Once can only hope.

Cant they think of anything else for Marissa to do but O.D. on drugs and drinking? I for one would much rather see Ryan end up with Theresa. They have much more chemistry and Marissa is getting old really quick.

Great show and a good finale for season one. So when do we get the DVD?

DeborahK

Supporting Actor

I don't remember how much he owed, exactly, only that he didn't have it and might go to jail. This was a big part of the story in the first half of the season and, regardless of how much he got paid by Caleb, it seems to me that some mention of his repaying that money should have been made, at the very least.

A small quibbe, but a quibble non the less.

Deborah

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I liked the final scene a lot (great song too).

I hope they do a better job of writing this show next year though. They have all the elements for a great show in place, but somehow they just can't quite execute it. The storylines are all over the place, with not enough buildup and too little payoff. The restaurant thing for example, they could have done so much more with that.

Same with Caleb's bankruptcy and possible jail time, where the hell did that come from? I've watched every single episode and I still have no clue why he's all of a sudden in trouble. Can someone explain?

Still looking forward to it coming back this fall, there's nothing like it on TV right now. :)

/Mike

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Quick question. Last night they showed the episode where Luke left. At the start of the episode,Ryan, Marissa, Seth and Summer are watching a movie, and Marissa is crying through the end credits. I know that music sounded familiar, but I had no idea what movie it was (assuming it was a real movie). Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
You mean "Obsess Completely"? I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but yes, I did. Not a lot of extra info for fans of the show, but I did watch it with someone who had only seen a couple of episodes, and they got a lot more out of it than I did. It's very much the network equivalent of an EPK, like those HBO specials. They're having another one next Thursday in the same vein of this one.

The biggest things I got out of it were the cast interviews. Everybody, even Mischa Barton, had at least something interesting to say about the show. Peter Gallagher was by far my favorite interviewee. After next week, it's a month 'till I get the DVDs, but I think I can hold on.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The person I watched with is an avid viewer like myself but he said to me, this is a glorified Commercial and I guess you could say that.
Sure does make me envious about how much fun they have at work. I wish I could say the same.
I think this is a flag to let viewers know that they will be back just not until November.
I did enjoy it though.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
this is a glorified Commercial
Exactly what I thought. I taped it and when it was over, I said to myself that this is something I think they put on the dvd set.

Ya'll didn't miss anything major, but there were some funny parts. They did kinda do a recap of last season, so that was good to watch. I'm sad I have to wait till Nov.

California!
California!
Here I come.....

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I'm amazed at how much I can forget over the summer. It was good to get the last season summary.

I'd almost forgotten how funny the show can be. The character of Seth gets all the talk, but Peter Gallagher is the show's best in my opinion.

What about that new club set? Since it's really just an excuse to get bands on the show, there could be way too many stupid made up reasons for the cast to be there all the time. Could be bad.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
For those of you who are also fans of Fox's five time Emmy winning masterpiece Arrested Development, check out what's in store for the O.C. and AD next season:

TVGal (from Zap2it.com) just started writing about what's going to happen for the new season. These bits sound delicious:
I'm hearing that Tobias, the never-nude, wannabe actor on "Arrested Development," will land a walk-on role on "The O.C." And here's the cool part - viewers will get to see David Cross as Tobias on "The O.C."

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I lost interest in The OC after watching "North Shore". NS is more of what a soap should be, IMO, and what I hoped The OC would be, after watching the first few episodes. I'll catch the season premiere, but if they still haven't tightened up the show and its rambling storylines I'm out.

/Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I know, all the shows I really like seem to get cancelled right away. :)

"North Shore" doesn't have enough flash and pop-culture references to make it, I guess.

And yes, I do mean trash. ;)

/Mike

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Well only a few days till Season 2 begins. Im half way done with the Season 1 dvd's and this show is even better the 2nd time around

capt

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
The entire shield show looks like that. Its the way they film it. The OC however i wish was in widescreen .

capt

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Well that was my point...the Shield looks fine like that, a drama like The OC shouldn't...it was broadcast in very fine HDTV...why they couldn't make DVDs from that I shall never know.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, The O.C. was broadcast in 480p (EDTV) on Fox last season, and it had that grainy creamy (slightly over-saturated) look to it, and was never razor sharp like shows that are shot with HD cams. I fully expect Fox to broadcast the second season in 720p.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks