1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The next Star Wars movie will be influenced by this...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chris PC, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

http://www.jedimaster.net/

Truly a sad experience for the victim...but oh my gosh are the resultant videos funny. My faves are SWKid2 Dork Clones and Episode III teaser.

2. WillG

WillG Producer

Don't worry about this kid. How long before he gets a shot on Leno/Letterman and becomes a minor celebrity?

3. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

The thing I don't get is that I have read that the guy who runs jedimaster.net who helped raise all that money for him said that Ghyslain wasn't really bothered by it. THis is probably his parents trying to get some money, but I don't know for sure....

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Screenwriter

Wrong forum.

5. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

I downloaded Star Wars Kid 2.0. It was awesome.

I read on TheForce.net that he had to be homeschooled for the rest of the year because kids at school were giving him a bad time.

6. James T

James T Screenwriter

7. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I feel bad for him. Everyone has had their dorky moments- even those who aren't typically considered "dorky." I'm not suprised that people were giving him a hard time. Young adults can be hard enough on each other as it is, let alone with ammunition like a video that he shot. It is unfortunate that people have to be so hard on one another, but I have accepted it as an unfortunate fact of life. To use Star Wars terminology, there are a hell of a lot more Sith than Jedi.

8. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

I feel bad for the kid...even if the remixes are funny. We ALL had our dork-moments. Pretty sure I've got some videos at home...that I need to burn. [​IMG]

I *still* really wonder if he was originally trying to do anything Star Wars related. The sounds he was making in the original clip sound more like weapon-clash/martial-art sounds to my ears... and I think the geek-community sees anything that resembles a quarter-staff as a double-bladed saber these days... dunno.

9. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Screenwriter

This brat and parents are sueing the kids who initially put the video up for 250k a piece. This little punk needs a good schoolyard whooping to smack him back into reality.

This kid needs to suck it up and move on. This is part of growing up and if he can't deal with this as a kid he's gonna be torn apart when he gets into the real world when he grows up.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...star+wars+kid/

If he would have just come out and laughed with everyone and admitted he was just fooling around and its not big deal it would have been fine, but no he had to try and fight back and that just made it worse. This kid has no common sense.

10. Ian C

Ian C Stunt Coordinator

11. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Sad but true.

Sadder but truer is that this is in the wrong forum. [​IMG]

12. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

His parents could always sue the other kids for copyright infringement. [​IMG]

13. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

14. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Screenwriter

15. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Mike,

I am glad you said it, cause I couldn't have put it so well. You know, I got bullied pretty early on in school, but it taught me to be tough, and make certain decisions. Yeah, I look back and it sucked, but I am happy now that it happened. I think it made me a stronger person.

Brandon

16. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    Mike, you seem to be jumping to an awful lot of conclusions and casting judgements based on very little information or facts. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it might be better to not share that opinion unless it is an informed one.

17. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

18. D. Scott MacDonald

D. Scott MacDonald Supporting Actor

Obviously bullying is a way of life in school, but does that mean that we should advocate it?

I see it this way: Here's this kid who looks to be in an awkward phase, a little overweight, and a bit nerdy. Maybe he doesn't have a lot of friends, and is probably already picked on to some extent. One day he films this for a drama project, and some kids that obviously want to make fun of him take it to a whole new level. The next thing you know, the whole world is laughing at this kid. Whatever friends he had has probably abandoned him, and those that sat on the fence have now joined in on the fun. Even adults are laughing at him (as you describe yourself), so what's to say that his teachers aren't also making fun of him behind his back?

So basically this kid is in such desperate straights that he can't even go to public school anymore, so he has to be home schooled (which of course greatly increases the families burden). If the kid had any self esteem to begin with, it is now long gone. How does a good parent correct this? Tell me, because I want to be good parent? Do you just keep telling your kid to keep on taking it and hope that he doesn't commit suicide?

Now the kids that put this out on the Internet in the first place are the dregs or society. I have no sympathy toward them. Their actions have caused measurable harm.

So how would you fix this? You indicate that this is only preparation for the "real world", but in fact the implications of this are more than I've ever experienced in the "real world". How many of us have had to suffer world wide humiliation and physical abuse for something that we didn't even start? The "real world" can be a harsh place, but there are usually legal means to right wrongs. This thing has become a much bigger monster than the kid has the kid and his family are able to deal with. Maybe suing them isn't the right solution, but I don't see how advocating whooping this kids ass will make anything better.

19. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Jeese, I leave videos of myself all over the place... not even one has made the internet! [​IMG]

20. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yeah I did pop this in the wrong forum! Opps. Oh well. I agree about the bullying thing.

As far as the kids video is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just being goofy and hadn't intended to show THAT actual footage to someone. He was probably just having fun with no intention of showing it to anyone. He might have been practicing to put something together or see how it looked, but by the way he was going wild on the tape, I think he was just going nuts for the heck of it.

But what I keep thinking is how easy it would be nowadays to whip up a goofy home made movie and add special affects. You don't need to be a big studio. I wish more people would write some fun material, find some of their friends who they feel can act, and direct a fun home made movie themselves and pop it on the net. I'm surprised there isn't more of that out there.