What's new

The New World: Various DVD Versions? (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

Simple, I'm Vincent UNDERSCORE P, the other guy is Vincent DASH P. A "DASH" is CLEARLY inferior to an "UNDERSCORE" (just like HD-DVD is inferior to Blu-Ray) :)

Vincent (UNDERSCORE P, for Pereira. Yes, I have Portuguese blood in me, so sue me)...

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
Based on reading imdb 'New World' message board posts, it appears as if the
150-min. cut will be a NEW or different cut than the one released on early
December. Still, I don't see a three hour version coming out anytime soon.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

I'd hardly take IMDB messsage boards as a reliable source for information myself :)

Vincent

David_P

Stunt Coordinator

It'll be an sextuple dip with an additional 20 minutes added, and a random 5 minutes deleted, with each successive dip. Fans will be forced to buy every edition in order to see all the footage. The very last edition will include all the footage, but only 10% of the extras, which will come out as a New World 'Extras only' release 8 months later... which will be on the market for three months before someone discovers that it only contains 97% of the extras.

David

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

Good to know, but the $50 price tag (once you factor in shipping, which costs as much as the DVD itself) is enough for me to wait until New Line formally announces the 3-hour version.

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
I'm so glad to know about this Italian DVD, I'm ordering it immediately. I think the 150 minute version of The New World is one of the most brilliant films I've ever seen, while the 135 minute version feels like "The New World for Dummies," with everything that was beautiful, vague and poetic made more literal through alternate voiceover and expositional dialogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks