What's new

The New AstroBoy (1 Viewer)

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Has anyone else caught the new AstroBoy series running on Kids WB? I just took a look at the first episode, and I enjoyed it. The animation quality is very impressive, especially in comparison to the 2 previous astroboy series. It's teh same design style as Metropolis (the anime, not Langs) and the transition to television looks very successful to me. Astro's voice is mildly annoying, but is lightyears beyond the voices of the original series. The story line seems to be a lot more in line with the original Manga as well, as far as tone goes. There appears to be the makings of an ongoing subplot that would arc through the season, unlike the standalone, cartoony adventures of the previous series. Anyways, I'm just glad to see astro on the air again, and lookin so slick. Any thoughts?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the show, but there are some articles about it on toonzone.net that you might be interested in, including a list of all the things that were cut out of the American version. There's also another article there about a robot designed by Sony that did some voice acting on the original Japanese version of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks