What's new

THE NESTING (DVD Details & Artwork) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
FANGORIA: In the midst of its many Eurohorror releases, Blue Underground has unearthed a long-unavailable domestic chiller for its DVD and Blu-ray debut. We got the details and cover art for the 1981 flick THE NESTING.

Coming on both formats June 28, THE NESTING (a.k.a. PHOBIA and MASSACRE MANSION) was directed by Armand Weston and stars Robin Groves as Lauren Cochran, an agoraphobic mystery writer who relocates from the city to an old Victorian house in the country to get over her writer’s block. Unfortunately, Lauren soon receives more inspiration than she’d like as people around her start dying violently, and she starts uncovering the house’s gruesome history. Genre stalwart John Carradine and Oscar-winning screen veteran Gloria Grahame (in her final film performance) co-star in the film, which will be presented in a never-before-seen director’s cut, in 1.85:1 widescreen (anamorphic on the DVD, 1080p HD resolution on the Blu-ray) with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround EX, DTS-ES 6.1 and original mono soundtracks on the DVD and Dolby 5.1 Surround EX, DTS-HD 7.1 and original mono audio options on the Blu-ray. Both versions will also include theatrical trailers, TV spots and a poster/still gallery. Retail prices are $19.98 for the DVD and $29.98 for the Blu-ray.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Always glad to hear whenever more schlocky 80's horror is being released. I'm a huge fan of the sub-genre and less and less of it is making it out these days. The good side of that is that the vast majority of well and lesser known titles have made it to DVD by now, but there are still several stalwarts that haven't yet seen the light of day. My own personal wish list includes THE BOOGENS, BLOOD BEACH, HUMONGOUS, SPASMS, and (especially) WITHOUT WARNING.

Thanks for posting updates about all the horror and cult stuff, Shawn. I know the majority of posters here on HTF are more old classic film fans (which I am as well), but some of us are also horror, cult and exploitation fans. I for one appreciate any news whenever something in that genre comes out.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Much appreciated, any lost horror/slasher horror film getting a DVD release.

Would also like to see Blood Beach get a DVD release as well.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyM

Always glad to hear whenever more schlocky 80's horror is being released. I'm a huge fan of the sub-genre and less and less of it is making it out these days. The good side of that is that the vast majority of well and lesser known titles have made it to DVD by now, but there are still several stalwarts that haven't yet seen the light of day. My own personal wish list includes THE BOOGENS, BLOOD BEACH, HUMONGOUS, SPASMS, and (especially) WITHOUT WARNING.

Thanks for posting updates about all the horror and cult stuff, Shawn. I know the majority of posters here on HTF are more old classic film fans (which I am as well), but some of us are also horror, cult and exploitation fans. I for one appreciate any news whenever something in that genre comes out.

Shout! Factory is looking into acquiring THE BOOGENS from Paramount. WITHOUT WARNING is owned by MGM, so, hopefully, it might show up on their new MOD program. Code Red was going to put out SPASMS but they say the movie isn't complete, they're missing one of the reels, and until they find it, that movie remains in limbo.

Don't know who owns BLOOD BEACH, another favorite of mine, except for that lame monster at the end, or HUMONGOUS, which I haven't seen since childhood.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I checked the book Teenage Wasteland: The Slasher Movie Uncut, for Phobia, and it was in the book. However, it was a different film, directed by John Ford.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
John Huston, which is almost as inexplicable. (Though John Ford making slasher films in the 80s is an amusing idea; Maureen O'Hara in FRIDAY THE 13th, anyone?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks