1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Musical "Wicked" to Become a Film!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Joshua Clinard, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    I am so excited to see that the musical Wicked will finally be coming to theaters in a few years. I never got to see it on stage, but I always wanted too. I have read the books, memorized the soundtrack, and seen a recorded low definition of the Musical. I think it's a wonderful story, and can't wait to see it on the Big Screen! http://broadwayworld.com/article/WICKED-Film-to-Enter-Development-Soon-20121213

2. Chris Will

Chris Will Supporting Actor

Chris WIlliams
    I saw this on stage with my wife almost 6 or 7 years ago in Tampa. It was a great show, we had a lot of fun. I'm actually surprised it has taken this long for a movie version to be made. My wife and I will most definitely be there day one to see it once it opens.

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I've seen the tour 3-4 times. The first time blew me away--you'll believe a witch can fly! I've also seen the low-def recording, it is pretty bad. I wish they would film the stage version with the original cast.

4. David Norman

David Norman Premium
    Supporter

Interesting., I surprised my Wife at Christmas with tickets to Wicked in Match 2007 in Tampa -- we were at Disney for Spring Break so it was an easy trip. She had read the book and she/kids had been listening to the soundtrack non-stop for about a year. We also went back a couple years ago when it was more local

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I would love to see a filmed performance (of a full staging) on Great Performances. Or at least have the traveling production come through this area when it's convenient for me to attend. :)

6. Stan

Stan Premium
    Supporter

My only exposure to Wicked have been episodes of Glee. Then I did a little research on Idina Menzel and was astonished by her vocals and performances. Don't know if she'll be part of this, but really looking forward to it.

7. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    The book and the play, to me, are so wildly structurally different I have a hard time relating the first time I saw the play I thought it was kind of a let down.

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

After the huge opening for the James Franco "Oz" prequel, greenlighting this was a no-brainer. I hope that Universal teams up with Warner Bros, though, so that they can use all of the copyrighted "Wizard of Oz" imagery that the Disney prequel didn't have access to.