What's new

The Munsters First Complete Season! (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The other Munsters disc being released will have all of the versions of the pilot, I believe.

Charles H

Screenwriter
I received notification from DVD Empire this morning that the Image dvd "THE MUNSTERS: America's First Family of Fright" has been cancelled...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
It still shows on Image's site...but who knows how often they update their site....

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
If it IS cancelled, that would suck...the DVDTalk review was so good that I decided to get both sets.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I am questioning now whether or not this is really cancelled. DeepDiscountDVD and Amazon still have it listed and there was nothing on TVShowsonDVD or DigitalBits saying this was being cancelled or delayed. Did they cancel your order or did they say that the DVD has been cancelled? Dave or Gord...WE NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS!

Charles H

Screenwriter
It was CANCELLED--as well as being removed from my pre-orders. It was an odd "It ain't going to happen"-urgency that suggests some legal issues between Image and Universal unlikely to be resolved. Usually DVD Empire places orders in a date TBA holding pattern (e.g., A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH, THE SHAGGY DOG) until a new date has been secured (e.g., ED WOOD, THE DAVID LEAN COLLECTION), but this was literally purged from my pre-orders. I suspect that Universal will use most of this material--if not all--on subsequent season editions. I don't think that DVD Planet is carrying this anymore.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I don't know about this DVD but I've ordered DVDs in the past from DVD Empire and got the cancellation note from them while other places were still listing them. But the other places all ended up cancelling the DVDs later.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm not happy about this - not happy AT ALL!!! Universal, if you stopped the release of that material, I sure hope you intend to release it ALL yourself!!!

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Before we all go off the deep end here ;) - let's find out what happened. *If* Universal does add all this stuff to the Season 2 set to goose sales it could save us a few bucks. For the most part with many of the new releases Uni seems to be getting the point as far as giving the customers what they want.

For me what was of particular interest in the Image set was the Universal Studios tour attraction footage. I have fond memories of seeing Grandpa Munster's lab in the visitors center and also walking through the nightclub set from "Sweet Charity" on the tour (back when you did see actual film sets on soundstages).

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
What's the controversy here... it's still available for pre-order at all the major e-tailers - Amazon, Video Universe, etc?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
woops, nevermind - DVDSoon lists it as discontinued.

:angry:

How would i get my hands on one of these early release site review copies?

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Okay, really, are there any true, long-time collectors on this forum? Because all of this Munsters pilot and additional stuff has been around in the collectors world for 20 years or so. Nothing new here, folks, to anyone who has collected before DVDs came out.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Mark, the same could be said for The Munsters TV Series itself - nothing new there, either -- it's been on television forever, and I've had it on VHS recorded off the air already.

the point (as I'm sure you know) is to have it all together on one DVD. And that "rarities" DVD was a damn nice set.

Mark To

Supporting Actor

Yes, but not complete and uncut. The series has not been available in its original form anywhere. The color pilot and those other things have been around on film for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks