What's new

The Mummy 3 (June 11 2008) (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Wait, are you saying that Rachel had plastic surgery? :confused: I require an answer ASAP! ;) Please be kidding, PLEASE! :frowning:

The second statement is a misconception, it's Rachel's face I love, yes her rack is great, too, but never deny or underestimate the power of a beautiful face like Rachel's.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That was my suggestion for how they could account for the differences in looks from one movie to the next. AFAIK, Rachel has not had any work done. ;)

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I have to be honest, I think Eve O' Connell is the "main" character of The Mummy moreso than Brendan Fraser's character. It's one of the reasons IMO The Mummy Returns simply wasn't as good ... they took the focus of the story off her character.

She was the one that made the first movie really work. I like Maria Bello, but at this point I think this project is pretty ill-concieved. They should have tried for Penelope Cruz or even a Bollywood actress IMO, would've given the series more of an exotic charm.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
The film should be set in the 50s, with O'Connell a widower, older, grizzled, and meaner than before.

His son should be his adventuring partner, with Bello a love interest for him, not Rick.

Just my .02.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I think the time period is sometime in the 1940s judging by the age of the actor they cast as the son.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm. I am not all that excited now that Rachel Weisz has passed on the project. In fact as of right now I am no longer interested. As some have already mentioned her role and how she played it was important to the series and the continued character development of the main crew. Brendan, Rachel, The Mummy and to a lesser effect the brother; she was the brains to Brendan’s brashness and they had good chemistry. Even though I was skeptical of them taking the storyline in another direction I had hoped the main crew would be intact or at least O’Connell & Eva and it would be worth giving TM3 a shot. The story going in another direction and the departure of Rachel = no longer interested for me.

I hope for her though she does not let her husband influence her professional decisions, because The Fountain was complete and utter trash…

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Has anyone bothered to read the screenplay review? It's HORRENDOUS! Downright BAD.

Can anyone here actually think this thing might be good/ Rob Cohen cannot direct a good film. Period. His track record on big budget affair is a fat ZERO.

With a bad script, well, get ready for The MUMMY 3: BOMBSVILLE.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks a lot like Jet Li in, um...every other film he's ever made. ;)

Pooh, pooh, it if you want, but this film is one of those "most anticipated" by audiences per a recent poll about planned 2008 releases. :D

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Trailer description for those interested. Wonder when it'll debut online...

"The trailer opens with the Great Wall of China then shows explorers in a cavern with flashlights as they explore and come upon a room filled with the Terra Cotta Warriors of the Dragon Emperor, an emperor who was cursed and turned into a mummy of stone. According to one of the explorers, "no two faces are the same" but then there's some sort of earthquake where the cavern starts to cave in and they start coming to life including the emperor who is on a chariot that starts moving, and we see Brendan Fraser's Rick O'Connell trying to hijack a car to chase after the chariot. Frankly, there was so much stuff to see that it was impossible to keep up with it all, but there seems to be lots of martial arts, huge battle sequences like in the last movie, and lots of Chinese imagery and mythology. One cool scene has an airplane flying through the battlefield and cutting through the Terra Cotta Warriors which crumble as they're hit. There's also a three-headed fire-breathing dragon that looked a bit like Monster X, and there's a funny argument between Fraser and his son Alex, who is older than he was in the previous movie, this time played by Luke Ford, as they argue about how to deal with the situation. Rick tells his son that he's defeated two mummies, but Alex corrects him that he only fought and defeated one mummy, which Rick shouts back, "Twice!" I wish I could have caught more of the trailer as it went by to describe but it looks very cool, with a scope as big and epic as the last movie and hopefully a little more energized with Rob Cohen on board and with the location and mythologies to work from."

Universal Debuts New Mummy, Hellboy II Trailers! - ComingSoon.net

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I really can't wait to see this new entry into the series. I had a good time with all the Mummy films and The Scorpion King too boot. They're good popcorn flicks. I had heard some rumors about the movie and was suprised as heck when we got the poster at my theatre yesterday. Awesome!

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks