What's new

The most profound statement about drinking ever (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
The age of discovery is not dead as some have suggested.
The next ground breaking discoveries: Life is such that without it.....you die.

Lungs prefer air over seawater, pudding, smoke or even soda-pop.

Fire + flesh = pain.

Race Car Driving is actually dangerous.

Boxing can cause brain damage if you get hit in the head a lot.

Hitler wasn't a very good humanitarian.

Gary Busey....kind of nuts.

Michael Jackson.....kind of creepy.

Jumping out of a plane at high altitudes without a parachute is bad for your health.

...and they just keep coming.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor

It was already done, two or three years ago. I saw on in the odd news at Yahoo; the headline was They Needed A Study For This? They showed that intoxication affects the part of the brain that relates to facial recognition and the number they gave for improvement in perceived attractiveness was 25%.

jeremy

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
There was also a study (in Yahoo News yesterday) that said "Smarter kids may live longer lives"

All I was imagining was the dumb ones, out playing in traffic. :laugh: Mitch Hedberg: I like to drink red wine. This girl says "Doesn't red wine give you a headache?" "Yeah, eventually! But the first and the middle part are amazing."

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy, so it is 25% increase in attractiveness eh? Hmmm. So, if a girl that is rated an 8 in attractiveness walks into a bar, all the drunk guys there would go nuts because she would look like a 10!

This could also save women money too - if they want to look more attractive they can save money on clothes by walking into a bar - PLUS they get free drinks! Not sure if it is worth the sideeffects though - oggled and groped by drunk frat boys (or worse) sure is a downside.

Andrew should write a grant proposal to further this research.

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
I once read about a study whereby it was determined that high school kids who get less sleep at night tend to be more tired during the day.

MichaelBA

Supporting Actor
A thread that has strayed too far from its original posting contains postings that have strayed too from their original thread.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Thanks very much. ;) Actually, not my field of study. All my work is either concerned with ageing (sorry, American cousins, I of course mean aging) and some fairly rare types of mental handicap in young kids. I know, I pick the really fun parts of the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks