What's new

The Mortal Instruments : City of Bones (1 Viewer)

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
I thought the light saber duel between Luke and Vader was pretty good. Princess Leia using her force powers was kinda cool too. Oh and Lena Headey as Queen Amidala was smoking hot.

Other than that, the movie was MEH.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm going to see it, no matter how many people dislike it. I read half the book before I lost it. I like the subject matter, interested to see how they put it into screen form.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
My biggest gripe with this movie was they threw everything into the kitchen sink.The vampires and werewolves from Underworld.The Stargate.The evil father , bother/sister relationship from Star Wars.The warlocks and witches from Beautiful Creatures.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Freddie Z said:
My biggest gripe with this movie was they threw everything into the kitchen sink.The vampires and werewolves from Underworld.The Stargate.The evil father , bother/sister relationship from Star Wars.The warlocks and witches from Beautiful Creatures.
I'd agree with most of this, though that was the book.. so hard to change it now.

That said, this was a considerably better film then Beautiful Creatures.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I took my daughter to see it. One question. They show her friend was bitten by the vampires. Yet, she makes no mention of it again. Seems to be something important to mention or at least follow up on. Also, it made it seem like that small group was all that's left of the hunters. If that is true. They would be losing the war with the demons pretty quickly.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
I took my daughter to see it. One question. They show her friend was bitten by the vampires. Yet, she makes no mention of it again. Seems to be something important to mention or at least follow up on. Also, it made it seem like that small group was all that's left of the hunters. If that is true. They would be losing the war with the demons pretty quickly.
I haven't seen the movie, but if it follows the book than her friend becomes a vampire who plays a central role in future books (too central for my taste). The shadowhunters have Institutes in every major city around the world, so when one gets wiped out they can replenish its ranks from the other Institutes. That being said, the fact that they're getting killed off a lot faster than they're reproducing also becomes an important plot point in future stories.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The pacing of the film is probably a little too lazy at time, plus the "clues" of the main character's past are a little too obvious. One wonders how much Lena Headey was paid for basically sleeping through her part. Heh.

The direction of the character interplay between all of these "teens" seemed a little amature-ish to me. Not a fan of the ending, too much by the numbers.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of C+.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This movie came to Redbox and I finally saw it. Even worse than the book, with a screenplay that more or less serves as a non-stop stream of exposition.I will say that whoever thought of casting Lena Headey and Lily Collins as mother and daughter was an absolute genius. With their matching dye jobs I could almost imagine that they were blood relatives in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks