What's new

The missing trailer thread and where i can find those missing trailers (1 Viewer)

Jerome

Second Unit
The French region 2 DVD By columbia has the Teaser (16X9, 1mn00s) and the Trailer (16X9, 2mn11s):)

Jerome

Second Unit
The R1 DVD of collateral has not the trailers for the film. Maybe they are included in others Dreamworks DVD ?
Does someone know where I can find them ?

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

Actually, the one on the first Spider-Man DVD was the second trailer (or third if you count the WTC teaser), and I think it is the same one that's on the Spider-Man 2 disc 1. The one in the middle (with the Aunt May line about Superman, is the one that's on Ali, and it's really the best one, in my opinion. The "final trailer" that's on both Spidey discs is really more of a teaser than that middle one.

ScottFH

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin M, re: your comment on the Blade Runner original theatrical trailer -

That's the one!

Stunning trailer, esp. for the time and the fact that no one had any idea what to expect from this film...

I also recall that the theatrical trailer for "Bram Stoker's Dracula" was an "eye-popper/crowd-quieter" as well... regardless of what one thinks of the film itself (I like the first half a LOT!)

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
It was quite a strange decision to not include the Aunt may Spiderman trailer on the DVD release as it was the full official trailer and was especially brilliant. What was the music on that trailer from? Was it scored especially? It sounded really Marvelesque! It's good to hear that its on the Spiderman 2 DVD.

SPIDERMAN trailer history:

1) "Web" teaser trailer - released at least a year before the movie.
2) WTC teaser - withdrawn, rare to find in 35mm & VERY expensive.
3) Trailer V.1 - "You're not Superman..." Now included on the Spidey 2 DVD.
4) Trailer V.2 - Included on Spidey DVD

SPIDERMAN 2 trailer history
(There was no real teaser in the traditional sense)

1) Trailer V.1 - Car crashing through window
2) Trailer V.2 - 60 sec. International trailer
3) Trailer V.3 - Extended version of above for US.
3) Trailer V.4 - "Lets see whos behind the mask..."

Can someone correct me on the above if I'm mistaken, going mostly from my memory of programing in the theatre where I work as a projectionist! What Spidey 2 trailers are included on the DVD?

To switch movies briefly: was the 60 sec. Kill Bill 2 teaser, the one with Uma talking to camera in the car, the only one that made it to theatres? Its the only KB2 trailer Ive ever found on 35mm, though I know there was a full trailer available on the net.

Both Spider-man 1 disc 1 and Spider-man 2 disc 1 have the exact same Spider-man 1 teaser trailer. The longer Spider-man 1 trailer can be found on the VH1 bonus disc that was packaged with Spider-man 2

Jerome

Second Unit
Movie FX Issue #2 includes the following trailers, all in 1.85:1 aspect ratio, 4X3, with some exceptions :

Movie FX 2
The Sixth Day (1mn 50s)
Charlie's Angels (2mn 30s)
Godzilla 2000 (1mn 32s)
Hannibal (Teaser) (1mn 02s)
The cell (full screen) (2mn 28s)
Unbreakable (2mn 17s)
Under Suspicion (full screen) (2mn 17s)
Blair Witch 2 (1mn 30s)
Shaft (1mn 11s)
Red Planet (1mn 42s)
The Grinch (2mn 21s)
The Night before Christmas (full screen) (1mn 28s)
Lost Souls (full screen) (1mn 59s)
Pearl Harbor (2mn 00s)
The Exorcist, Director's Cut (1mn 59s)

Jerome

Second Unit
Movie FX Issue #2 includes the following trailers, all in 1.85:1 aspect ratio, 4X3, with some exceptions :

Halloween resurrection (full screen) (2mn 18s)
Die Another Day (teaser) (1mn 02s)
Spy Kids 2 (full screen) (2mn 03s)
Men in Black 2 (1mn 57s)
Goldmember (2.35:1 aspect ratio) (2mn 30s)
Stuart Little 2 (full screen) (1mn 11s)
Hulk (teaser) (1mn 03s)
xXx (1mn 24s)
Jason X (full screen) (1mn 54s)
Minority report (2mn 01s)
Attack of the Clones (2mn 06s)
Attack of the Clones (2mn 22s) (hidden feature)
Attack of the Clones (1mn 10s) (hidden feature)

Jerome

Second Unit
The R1 DVD of Resident Evil: Apocalypse includes the following trailers :

Resident Evil: Apocalypse" (teaser + theatrical), Resident Evil , Underworld: Extended Unrated Edition DVD, Anacondas: Hunt for the Blood Orchid (not on the dvd of Anacondas), The Grudge, The Forgotten,The Fifth Element and "House of Flying Daggers".

Jerome

Second Unit
Narc R1 DVD has a trailer for the film (16X9 and 5.1), plus trailers for The Italian Job, The Hunted, The Core, Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life and Timeline.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I've noticed something really super peculiar recently. Trailers left off of their respective movies showing up on DVDs of other movies from the same studio.

For example, Paramount's disc of Mike Hodges' I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD as par for the course does not have its trailer. But it does have trailers for other Paramount films such as AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN whose discs did not carry those trailers either. Some of these trailers have been video altered to say "Now Available" or "Coming Soon."
Also, I could be wrong on this, but while Columbia did not include the original trailer for THE CHINA SYNDROME on its disc, it is featured on their new DR. STRANGELOVE disc. However, it has a very ugly "NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD" crawl all through it, like one of those annoying Something Weird ghost marks.

I wonder if the fine print governing music rights and clearances for trailers dictates that if the trailer in question appears on the disc of its corresponding movie, it's considered a programming asset and requires royalties, but if it appears on another disc (like Universal's forced trailers or those magazine promos), it is serving its function as an advertising tool and the studio is within their rights to use it without extra charge.

Maybe that's the key to getting our favorite trailers: lobby for their use on other similar films!

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but the full theatrical trailer for "Jackie Brown" is not included on the second disc of its 2-disc set, as only the teaser trailers are included instead, but it is included in the Tarantino trailers section of the "Kill Bill Vol. 1" DVD, and in Dolby 5.1 as well. Just wanted to mention in case it wasn't up here.

GaryEA

Second Unit
Although I've had them on 35mm for years, I'd really to see both trailers for Batman (1989) again. If transferring wasn't so expensive, I would have done it a long time ago.

Fingers crossed that both will be on an upcoming S.E.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Does anyone know of a DVD featuring trailers for SIGNS or THE VILLAGE? Thanks.

Jerome

Second Unit
I think you must search on other Disney DVD, around the theatrical release of these movies, may be you will find the trailers.

I have a question : does anyone know what are the 7 trailers on the R1 DVD of The Green Berets. I assume they are for other John Wayne Movies, but I want to be sure.

Jerome

Second Unit
The Avengers R1 DVD from Warner includes the following Trailers in 16X9 :

The Avengers
U.S. Marshals
Batman & Robin
Dangerous Liaisons
The Man Who Would Be King
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

The Chill factor R1 DVD :

theatrical trailer (16X9)
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
The Exorcist III
Incognito
The King & I (animated)
Pacific Heights
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
True Romance
Two If By Sea
Wild America
Wrongfully Accused
Young Guns II

Jerome

Second Unit

it seems completely true with the recent case of John Carpenter's Christine.

The trailer is nowhere to be found on either R1 or R2 Special Editions DVD. Here, in France, the SE was just released last week and now Columbia is offering a Promo DVD about Spider-man II (not just in France, also in the rest of Europe) and there is the original theatrical trailer for Christine inside !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks