What's new

The missing trailer thread and where i can find those missing trailers (1 Viewer)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
We can now officially add Star Trek: Generations to the list. Neither the teaser trailer nor the theatrical trailer are on the original single-disc release or the new 2-disc SE, despite the packaging on the SE claiming that the trailers are on there. The theatrical trailer can be found on the VHS releases of William Shatner's Star Trek Memories and From Here to Infinity: The Ultimate Voyage - though they are in full-frame format only.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
These links are why I need my own computer... it's a treat to see that trailers from my youth are preserved (I knew I'd seen that Temple of Doom teaser as a kid!). Ah, for a working version of Quicktime...

Sean Oakley

Auditioning
Heres one for you guys, check out the Big Trouble In Little China 2 disc set. On the 2nd disc, if you put it in a ripping program such as Smartripper you will discover full anamorphic trailers for both ALIENS and cronenberg's THE FLY.

This is the only place you can get anamorphic versions of these trailers, pretty funny considering the alien quadrilogy still has the same old crappy full frame version of the full ALIENS trailer. In fact, the trailer on the Big Trouble dvd looks better than the movie itself.

And don't try to find them by exploring through the menus on the actual disc. It seems they were put on the dvd as easter eggs but whoever designed the menus forgot to add links to the vobs on the actual disc.

As far as THE FLY trailer, it is far better than the crappy fullframe trailer on the film's own dvd release....

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
How is that Fly trailer anamorphic? On my copy of the Big Trouble DVD, it's clearly presented in fullframe - a shame because the two other trailers in that section are nice and crisp widescreen...

Sean Oakley

Auditioning
trust me, there are both fullframe and anamorphic widescreen versions of THE FLY and ALIENS trailers on the disc. Rip it and find out for yourself

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to see the Fire In The Sky trailer. Paramount have not included it on the upcoming relase. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

i say we wait to the release of the dvd in a few weeks before we add them ;)

@ sean oakley

thanks for the tip :emoji_thumbsup: i already let a buddy of me know who has the 2 disc set and i hope he can get me these trailers for aliens and the fly :D

i also have found 2 teasers which aren't available on dvd as far as i know:

aliens vs. predator teaser and the day after tomorrow teaser can be found on the region 3 dvd of l.x.g. disc 1. you can grab them with the same method sean explained for the aliens and the fly trailer on big trouble in little china dvd. you'll also find on that l.x.g. r3 release the trailer a, b, e, f for l.x.g. which aren't on the region1 release so a friend told me.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Puzzles and angers me that studios can't even throw in a trailer these days for a two-disc SE such as GENERATIONS. Just plain lazy, to my mind.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
the full trailer of underworld (running time 2:30min) is on the underworld theatrical cut dvd but the teaser is missing on that dvd. the teaser can be found on other columbia releases. sorry but i dunno any title yet ;)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Here is a killer:

Pearl Harbor full theatrical with Journey to the Line vice random music. The one shown only in the theater. One of the best trailers I've ever seen, thanks in large part to the music. Haven't seen it since :frowning:

Take care,
Chuck

Jerome

Second Unit
just in case they will not be included in the DVD, here is a list of the trailers which can be found on Movie FX N°8 :

All in 1.85 4/3 except The Incredibles in 2.35 4/3

The Punisher (1mn49s)
Chronicles of Riddick (1mn33s)
Dawn of the dead (2mn30s)(not on the Unrated DVD)
Resident Evil 2 Teaser (1mn22s)
Hellboy (2mn30s)
Spider-Man II (2mn08s)
Shrek 2 (2mn08s)
Aliens Vs Predator Teaser (1mn01s)
The Incredibles Teaser (1mn58s)
50 first dates (2mn30s)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Add several Star Wars trailers that were included on the Definitive Collection LD that are not on the dvds.

Jerome

Second Unit

several star wars trailers on the DVD are cropped to be in 16X9 mode. The source is definitely the well known 4X3 1.33 masters for the trailers, only this time they are cropped even more for the 16X9 mode. :angry:

Thanks Mike for the Planet of the Apes teaser :)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

In addition, there's an alternate version of the 1997 Star Wars SE trailer that's not on the DVD, yet it's on the widescreen VHS release of the 1997 SE's. Also, the theatrical trailers to the Empire and Jedi SE's are not on the DVDs yet are on the widescreen VHS tapes of the 1997 SE's.

For that matter, there's a mostly silent theatrical re-release trailer to Empire that is not included on the DVD, yet it was included on the head of the old Making of Star Wars VHS from the early 1980's. And on the first pan-scan version of Empire on VHS, they included a shortened version of the Academy Awards trailer for Star Wars (with the blurb "Now on Videocassette" superimposed onto the trailer), and neither this shortened version or its longer original version are on the DVDs either.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Forgot to mention that. Thankfully I still have my VHS of the 97 SE's. Too bad I sold my LDs. (My LD player croaked a few years ago so I sold my LDs).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks