What's new

The missing trailer thread and where i can find those missing trailers (1 Viewer)

BobG

Stunt Coordinator

It can be found on the Best Buy Coming Attractions Volume 1 DVD which was released in the fall of last year.

CraigL

Screenwriter

Bill,

I have this.

In fact, it's on ANY Raiders VHS or laser with the TOD logo in the lower right hand corner. I'm sure you could easily find one on ebay these days.

A few years ago, I went down to my local video store (mom & pop) made them play the damn tape, told them I'd be right back with it, took it home, copied it...and brought it back within 10 minutes. They were totally confused...but lent it to me for free. :)

StephenC

Stunt Coordinator
When I saw T3 last summer,they played a trailer for Bad Boys II with no music or dialog,just drums and images from the film.Is this available on dvd?

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Another one I just thought of:

The original teaser trailer for Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is on Movie FX DVD magazine (issue #7, I believe) but not on the Warner DVD. It runs a little over a minute and consists of the Warner logo dripping and melting to form the T3 logo, over some Brad Fiedel-like music.

Jerome

Second Unit

Very interesting, the back cover of the DVD list six trailers, do you know which are the other ones ?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Unless something miraculous happens, you'll never see the trailer with the TRL music again, bucause it was only licensed for theatrical distribution.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Any of the trailers (Theatrical or TV) for Heavy Metal available anywhere? I couldn't believe they mentioned the theatrical trailer in the docu on the DVD but didn't bother to include the trailer itself on the DVD.

Anyone remember the tag lines? I seem to remember it being "In a World of sexual fantasy & absolute violence lurks Heavy Metal...." or something along those lines...gee what 14 year old kid wouldn't want to sneak into a theater to see that? :D Marketing geniuses!!

CraigL

Screenwriter

On the Memphis Belle DVD:

CopyCat
Blade Runner (anamorphic, btw)
Executive Decision
Passenger 57
The Right Stuff
Memphis Belle

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know where I can find the trailer for "UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN"? It's not on the "UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN" DVD (just a music promo!). Please, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to find the full-size trailers for the Star Wars: SE, although I'm sure they'll be on September's release. There's tiny little postage-stamp ones out there, but I'm looking for ones that are similar to the current apple.com/trailers size. I always dug the little TV gag with the X-Wing exploding out into the full screen. Shame the actual SEs weren't as good as the trailers made them out to be.

Jerome

Second Unit
The Alien: Director's Cut Trailer is on the Movie FX Issue 7, in 2.35:1.

I don't think it was included in the Alien Quadrilogy Box Set.

AmitS

Grip

The Hulk's trailers (incl. the international one) can be found on movie-list.com

Anyone know where I can find the teasers and trailers for:

The Shadow
Schindler's List
Lord of the Rings (animated Bakshi version)

thanks!

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Jerome is right, the Alien SE trailer was not included on the 9-disc Quadrilogy set. I've got that disc of Movie FX Magazine that has the trailer spot on it.

For that matter, the 2-disc SE's of all four Alien films contains the preview trailer for the upcoming Alien vs. Predator crossover film, yet that trailer was not included in the Quadrilogy set at all. I recall that it didn't make the Quadrilogy set because of lack of time in getting the box set out to stores for Christmas 2003.

On the original 2-disc SE of The Abyss, there are a couple of TV spots for Aliens which were not included on the Quadrilogy set. I'm not sure if they were included on the original single-disc version of Aliens, because I don't have that disc, though I'm thinking that they were.

In a weird move, look on Disc 9 of the Quadrilogy set. If you look at the trailers section for Alien, one of the theatrical trailers is left off its respective section, though it can be found elsewhere on the disc! Go to the Alien laserdisc archive section and look up Publicity, and lo and behold, the missing trailer is on the disc! Talk about a weird formatting situation...

There are several different trailers to Superman that were not included on the DVD. There's a web site that has three more teaser trailers, a TV spot, an industry trailer, the Special Edition theatrical trailer, the SE DVD TV spot (with an erroneous PG-13 rating), and a joke trailer all online. (Additional note at 4:49 p.m.: Go to www.capedwonder.com to view the additional trailers.)

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed when I went into FYE that the trailer for Christine was scannable and can be watched yet the DVD does not include it and I haven't been able to find it amongst the other Columbia/Tri Star titles.. Does anybody know?

And FYI the trailer for Flatliners (not on the DVD) is on The Thirteenth Floor DVD.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks