What's new

The Metal Gear game on Gamecube is ... (1 Viewer)

Damien

Supporting Actor
If this is on par with REmake, I am all over this. IMO MGS was a better game than 2, so it will be a very strong title with updated graphics and hopefully soilder ai.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
This seems to be a very shallow method of building up the gc library with supposed top games that have appeared on the other systems. I hope this isn't a trend. Maybe the animal crossing team will be put in charge of a future GTA port.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Actually, MGS3 was just announced as to-be-shown at E3.

I think this is actually MGS and MGS2 (I'm talking about the GCN one). It'll probably be like Substance with MGS added in.

And while I would like to see them remake the original NES game, I'm not sure that's much better than remaking MGS. Maybe they're changing the game up, making a different story, having it lead into MGS2 more, who knows.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Well if this is anything like Resident Evil Remake (which was a completely new experience versus the original), count me in! :emoji_thumbsup: I cannot wait to see how incredible this is going to look and see all the new additions Nintendo will add!

:D

chris rick

Second Unit
Marc,
Much of the freezing in Eternal Darkness (which I'm sure you know from playing it?) is the game screwing with the player's head. Many times I thought my game was freezing when I ran out of sanity, but it was the game itself doing it in order to (IMO) blur the line between the player and the character on screen at the time. This is an amazing game and a truly ADULT game in the best sense of the word--huge and scary--but not in a merely gory way.

Ike

Screenwriter
I don't know-I never played the original MGS, so I'm looking forward to this.

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
I don't know-I never played the original MGS, so I'm looking forward to this.
Agreed. I hate the "Not another game *I* played on the NES/SNES/Genesis/whatever console years ago" attitude. Not all of us have played the original titles, and look forward to the advancements in graphics and (most likely) gameplay that will result.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I think MGS is a little too recent to be remaking (1997 wasn't THAT long ago) but it will probably come out good, and I'm intrigued by it nonetheless.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Having owned the original MGS on the PlayStation, I'm looking forward to the revamped version for the Gamecube. IGN compared a number of screenshots between the PS version and the GC's in this article. It appears that Silicon Knights are instituting enough changes (I prefer enhancements) to create a unique gaming experience, one that bears almost no resemblance to the original. IMO, Capcom accomplished this with the RE remake, and Konami's on their way with MGS:TTS.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Morgan, I think MGS actually came out in November or December of 98, so it's even more recent :)
Edit-IGN's review is dated 10/21/98 so I guess it came out a bit earlier than I remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks