What's new

The Mega Horror Tournament (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Okay, sorry for the late update, but I was out really enjoying HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. You heard right, I liked it! :)
Now, THE FUNHOUSE obliterates LIFEFORCE with a big 7-1 victory. THE BLOB and DEMONS are both tied at 4-4, so I'm gonna leave that match open for one more vote along with the two new matches.
ROUND 1, MATCH 7
---------------------------
DRESSED TO KILL
VS.
ERASERHEAD
ROUND 1, MATCH 8
ROSEMARY'S BABY
VS.
THE SIXTH SENSE
My votes: DRESSED TO KILL is a really groovy PSYCHO homage, but Lynch's superbly nightmarish ERASERHEAD is the better film in my book, and it gets my vote. THE SIXTH SENSE is a good film without a doubt, but it can't hold a candle to the absolute masterpiece that is ROSEMARY'S BABY, so Polanski's brilliant classic gets my vote.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I have to admit that a lot of the movies in this tourney don't do anything for me. Two that do however, are facing each other in the first round :frowning:
I reluctantly vote against the Sixth Sense and enthusiastically vote for Rosemary's Baby

DanaA

Screenwriter
ERASERHEAD (although neither is among my favorites)
ROSEMARY'S BABY (now we're talking - one hell of an eerie movie)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
DRESSED TO KILL beats out Lynch's excellent ERASERHEAD barely with a 4-3 victory, while ROSEMARY'S BABY absolutely crushes THE SIXTH SENSE with a score of 12-1. Also, we still need a tie breaker for match 6, or I'll have to think of some other way to break the tie.
ROUND 1, MATCH 9
THE RELIC
VS.
THINNER
ROUND 1, MATCH 10
----------------------------
HALLOWEEN 2
VS.
FRIDAY THE 13TH part 2
My votes: THINNER is a decent film, plus it has the heavenly Kari Wuhrer in it, but I still have to go with the badass monster romp, THE RELIC. One of Stan Winston's coolest monsters in this flick! I think FRIDAY THE 13TH part 2 is a decent slasher, but its not as good as HALLOWEEN 2, which gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks