What's new

The Matrix Ultimate DVD Collection (1 Viewer)

mattalgrand

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...F8&n=130&s=dvd

I just picked this up and I am overwhelmed! The sheer amount of extras seems exhausting to get through (in a good way). I popped in Disc One and I couldn't believe how good The Matrix looked on a 50' DLP screen upconverted to 720p. The old 2000 DVD edition is crap compared to this transfer. I'm actually giddy about owning this set. Too much fun.

Brad M

Second Unit
You know what's sad? I got it for Christmas last year and have yet to watch it all. So far I've watched the 3 bonus discs not packaged with the movies and the first movie. I'll get to the rest before I start on the upcoming Superman boxset.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I think the superman set is going to take two weeks or so. its loaded with goodies. I just have the original matrix dvd.

Jacob

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I also like this set. No matter what you think of these movies, the bonus material run aplenty, and the picture and sound is great.

I also agree about the Superman set. It might be my most anticipated set ever, since I'm such a Superman whore. Having that long documentary over all the films and the Donner cut is something I've wanted for years... but to stay on topic, this Matrix set rules. You can find it for a good price too.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I got the Matrix set from my wife... Christmas '04, I guess it was. No, I still haven't watched all the bonus material. I can report that the films look quite splendid on our new 50" Panasonic plasma set.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I bought the Gift Set for only $49.49 at my local Wherehouse Music. The price was actually at $54.99 compared to the MSRP of $129.99. Quite a great deal if you asked me. The mini-bust is quite cool too.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The prices for this set look pretty good. I really wanted this when it first came out, but now I seem to have other priorities. A 10 disc set sure sounds cool as hell, but personally, I only really liked the first film. The last two, while ranging from good to decent, I find a bit boring and a chore to sit through. Don't know if I'll be willing to sit and watch hours upon hours of extras dedicated to them. But maybe if I ever change my mind, it does look like a really cool set. :)

mattalgrand

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I know how you feel. Call me crazy, but I kind of dug Reloaded. Revolutions was more convoluted than entertaining.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I feel the exact opposite--REVOLUTIONS was a blast while RELOADED should have been titled REBLOATED; awesome freeway chase, though, until video game Neo shows up at the end to whisk away the other CGI ciphers...

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I have the remastered 2-disc versions of all three movies, but I was buying the set piecemeal so I didn't get the rest of it.

Watched the second movie and my enthusiasm withered, still haven't watched the final flick.

My life is too precious to squander (but maybe someday, when I'm really bored or get curious about 'was it really that bad?'.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I greatly prefer RELOADED to REVOLUTIONS. RELOADED opens a number of fascinating possibilities, which REVOLUTIONS completely fails to explore. However, neither comes anywhere near THE MATRIX. Just a great film.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
They're not available individually.

WHV released two-disc versions of Reloaded and Revolutions but the bonus material is different than what's in the boxset. The contents of the boxset have not been released individually.....yet.

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
I recently picked this set up from buy.com for under $30 using the google checkout discount. I always felt this box set was a major omission from my collection, and at this kind of price, it was a must-buy for me. It's quite a set.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hope you guys can help me get this straight:

The Original Matrix is the only one that got a new transfer in this set right? others have same transfer from original 2 disc release am I correct?

Also I heard the extras from reloaded and revolutions are not included in this boxset. Is that only the second discs? or are commentaries missing too.

In other words I want to know if I would be ok (and complete) if I keep disc 2 from both of these releases + the box set and sell first matrix + disc one of the sequels.

thanks!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I believe The Matrix was the only one to get a new transfer, but the extras from the original release do not appear in the box set. The set is missing the commentary, isolated score, white rabbit feature, HBO special, and other stuff I believe.

The material on the second discs of the original releases of the sequels does not appear in the set. However, there were no commentaries on the original releases so you won't be missing much if you just sold off the first disc of Reloaded and Revolutions.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

Not true. The Matrix Reloaded was remastered as well, and definitely looks better than the original 2 Disc release.

The white rabbit feature can be found on "The Matrix Revisited" disc, as well as "What is Bullet Time?" and "What is the Concept?". The commentary, isolated score and the HBO Special are gone, however.

You're right about the special features on the 2 Disc Editions of Reloaded and Revolutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks