What's new

The Matrix Trilogy HD DVD Reviews... (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I got the perfect solution. During the scene, take a snack break . Get some popcorn, another beverage, hit the rest room, let the dog out. By the time your done, the scene should be over.:)

Dave>h

Second Unit
Thomas,

Yet another excellent piece of advice.

This is why I frequent this forum. The depth of knowledge and advice is staggering! : )

Dave

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I am going for the single-sided (hopefully) complete collection. Like Patrick, I have the edition with the Neo bust--no need to duplicate all those supplements again.

- Steve

Jon Moss

Stunt Coordinator

How about the entire siege sequence of the machines breaking through & attacking Zion?! Looks pretty special in HD :) And alongside the highway sequence in Reloaded, one of the standout sequences of the trilogy.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
That scene (and Revolutions in general) should get some kind of award for most movies ripped off in the least amount of time.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
For you fence sitters on this release or for those format neutral guys waiting for the BD release...or just waiting: Amazon has now lowered their price on the Complete Matrix Trilogy to $63.95. (that's $6 less than it was when I pre-ordered it April 15)...I just got off the phone using the help line and got my order immediately adjusted. :) The Power of Master Timobi. ;)

With my 10% off, The Complete Matrix Trilogy set is being delivered for $57. :cool:

Click here: The Complete Matrix Trilogy

:)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

Yes...there is another.

I thought I was the only one of us out here. Now we're two. ;)

Reloaded will probably be the first disc I give a spin, although the lobby sequence from the original is quite tempting, too.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I ended up buying the Ultimate...only $10 more ($9 with the discount). Just to be safe :)

Brett...there are more than two of us. Still a minority. But not alone.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug

Great catch Timobi! I cancelled my previous pre-order (too late to call CS right now - I'm tarred!) and re-ordered the thing. I'm saving $5.00 this way. Five bucks is five bucks!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
In this hobby of HT....before you know it, these random $5 savings will come in handy! :)

To Significant Other:
"you know honey, we've been saving money buying these recent movies & maybe it's time to now replace our TV with an even bigger one?" :D :)

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator

For the record, Amazon is usually pretty good at giving you the lower price. That is, if you preorder something and it drops further by the time it ships, they give you the difference. I just had this happen with Planet Earth HD; I didn't even have to do anything.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Visually impressive, but there's no reason to care about what's going on. The characters we've invested in (Neo, Morpheus, Trinity) are all elsewhere. I've always thought that that mech commander character (I think his name was Tanaka) should have been replaced with Morpheus. That way we'd have cared about the siege of Zion, Fishburne would have had something to do in the film (which he doesn't as it stands now), and his sacrifice and death would have been quite something.

Well, enough armchair screenwriting, I guess. The film is the film. I'll buy the whole set when it comes out Tuesday.

--Jefferson Morris

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, just to be clear, the Complete Matrix Trilogy collection has the same dual-sided discs for the films as the Ultimate Matrix Trilogy collection, but lack the 2 SD DVD (Animatrix and othe bonus). I was hoping to avoid the dual-sided discs if possible. Ah well...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
You'll be happy to hear the answer to that is no, at least according to everything I've read. The original Warner press release was quite clear that the 2nd side features on the three movie discs were "Only available in The Ultimate Matrix Collection". Now we know that press releases sometimes lie, so as confirmation, compare and contrast Peter Bracke's exhaustive reviews of the two sets (Ultimate, Complete) on HiDefDigest.com and you'll see the 2nd side stuff is NOT on the Complete collection discs.

Which is great, as like you I've already got the SD Ultimate box and therefore the cheaper Complete HD set without the fugly double-sided discs was the way I went.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ah, okay, so all the SD material is not included in the Complete Matrix Trilogy and only on the Ultimate version, that's cool with me since I have the Neo Bust Ultimate Matrix collection from last year's sell-off. Thanks for the info.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if the online price will be honored, but Circuit City's website has the Complete Matrix Collection (HD DVD) set for $19.99 as of now, but they'll probably just cancel all the orders at this price in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks