What's new

The Man From UNCLE?? (1 Viewer)

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
As mentioned above, I have the Man From Uncle. My favorite 60's show has the be "The Avengers" with John Steed and Emma Peel. I also have the Emma Peel box. In Germany they have started releasing the series after Emma with Linda Thorson

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I hemmed and hawwed and lost out on "Land of the Giants" on eBay. Could have got it for $98 w/free shipping. When this came up last month for $100, new and free shipping...I snapped it up.

Great to reminice, especially remembering all the promos on TV, building up your anticipation of the show...then seeing it for the first time and thoroughly enjoying it, It was the same for "The Wild, Wild West!"

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I avoided the notoriously too-campy MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. Season 3 by ordering Seasons 1, 2 (egregious silliness creeping in toward the latter few episodes) and 4 --as separate sets-- directly from Time-Life, during one of their sales promotions. No briefcase packaging or bonus discs that way, but I can do without those frills.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I didn't find mention of it so I thought I would ask...does the following Chevrolet commercial co-starring Robert Vaughn appear on the extras of this set?

This 5 1/2 minute long commercial originally aired on Sunday, September 27, 1964 and was to promote the lineup of '65 Chevy cars. It was filmed in "Virginia City" where Bonanza takes place...Robert Vaughn shows up at about :47 and has about a minute and then is seen briefly at the end. The casts of Bonanza and Bewitched were also part of this as Chevrolet also sponsored their shows. As Bewitched will never be given the DVD treatment that it deserves (in terms of extras) like Man from U.N.C.L.E. and Get Smart were, I was thinking maybe a cleaned up version of the commercial was on this set.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by David*P

I didn't find mention of it so I thought I would ask...does the following Chevrolet commercial co-starring Robert Vaughn appear on the extras of this set?

This 5 1/2 minute long commercial originally aired on Sunday, September 27, 1964 and was to promote the lineup of '65 Chevy cars. It was filmed in "Virginia City" where Bonanza takes place...Robert Vaughn shows up at about :47 and has about a minute and then is seen briefly at the end. The casts of Bonanza and Bewitched were also part of this as Chevrolet also sponsored their shows. As Bewitched will never be given the DVD treatment that it deserves (in terms of extras) like Man from U.N.C.L.E. and Get Smart were, I was thinking maybe a cleaned up version of the commercial was on this set.
If it is, it's not listed on the outer sleeve of *any* of the seasons or on the 2 "Bonus Disks".

Season 1 Bonus Material:
Featurette - The Cloak and Swagger Affair: The Untold History of The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
"Solo" - The Original Color Pilot
U.N.C.L.E. V.I.P.s: A Celebration of Guest Stars

Season 2 Bonus Material:
Featurette - The Spy-Fi Tour: Archives, Art and Artifacts
Feature Film - "One Spy Too Many", 1966

Season 3 Bonus Material:
Interview - Double Agents: The David McCallum and Robert Vaughn Reunion
"The Secret Tapes of Illya Kuryakin": Home Movies from the Set

Season 4 Bonus Material:
Featurette - MGM's Secret Operations

Bonus Disk 1:
Featurettes:
Cold War, Hot Spies: U.N.C.L.E. and the Cold War
Guns, Gadgets, Gizmos and Garb
Behind the Wheel: U.N.C.L.E.'s Piranha
Fandemonium
The Music from U.N.C.L.E.
The Girls from U.N.C.L.E.

Promos and Trailers
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Show Promo - Summer, 1964
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Show Promo - 1966/67
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Show Promo - Spring, 1967
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Show Promo - The Test Tube Killer Affair" (9/18/67)
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Show Promo - Fall, 1967
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Feature Film Trailer - "To Trap a Spy" (First U.N.C.L.E. movie - released overseas, 1964, released in U.S. 1966)
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Feature Film Trailer - "The Spy With My Face" (Second U.N.C.L.E. movie - released overseas, 1965, released in U.S. 1966)
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Feature Film Trailer - "One Spy Too Many" (Third U.N.C.L.E. movie - released overseas and in U.S. 1966)
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Feature Film Trailer - "One of Our Spies is Missing" (Fourth U.N.C.L.E. movie - released overseas, 1966)

Interviews with U.N.C.L.E. Actors and Production Staff
Dean Hargrove, Writer
David McCallum, Illya Kuryakin

Bonus Disk 2:
Interviews with U.N.C.L.E. Actors and Production Staff
Richard Donner, Director
George Lehr, Assistant Producer
Joseph Sargent, Director
Robert Vaughn, Napoleon Solo

TV Appearances and Spots
The Golden Globe Awards for 1965, aired live on "The Andy Williams Show", 1/31/66, NBC - Winner, Best TV Show
1965 Emmy Broadcast, 9/12/65 - Robert Vaughn & David McCallum, Presenters
David McCallum on "The Andy Williams Show", 9/20/65
Tom & Jerry Cartoon - "The Mouse From H.U.N.G.E.R." MGM, 1967

Photo and Image Galleries
Behind the Scenes: Designs and Blueprints from the Set
Hidden Camera: An U.N.C.L.E. Photo Gallery
Classified Files: Network and Studio Documents
For Collectors Only: U.N.C.L.E. Memorabilia
Top secret: U.N.C.L.E. Motion Picture Advertising and Publicity

Plus a very nice boolket for each season which has a run down of how things went for the season as well as an episode list with original air dates.

It also does not include the "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In" appearance with Leo G. Carroll. Since "Laugh-In" took over from TMFU the week following the last episode and included the short skit with Carroll it would have been a very nice bonus.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thank you for posting the listing of the extras, BobO'Link. That's a bummer that it's not on there.

I have never seen any episode of TMFU but the extras look phenomenal and I may have to purchase it like I did with Get Smart which I had only seen a handful of before and ended up absolutely loving!

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
In the UK we have a box set of 5 of the 8 UNCLE films. I'd love to see a complete set of these along with the episodic versions. There were some nice extra "adult" scenes in the 2 first 2 as well.

Best
ST

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks