What's new

The Man From UNCLE - on its way apparently! (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
To get back on topic, does anyone have an idea when we might see UNCLE DVDs?

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Some very good discussion here from some folks that really know their stuff.

I got into some difficulty of the George Reeves thread for declaring my passion to collect the first season on DVD. I kinda asked for it though by bashing Ellsworth and his shows somewhat. So I won't make that mistake again on any other threads...where I think only a portion of a series is worth collecting.

I feel the same goes for "The Man From Uncle"..."Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"...."Wild Wild West"....and others where the writing/format is superior early on....albeit black and white.

I also got into some difficulty about wishing to have the "option" of collecting some of the "black and white" portions of TV series in color...like the first season of Bewitched offers...on the George Reeves thread...so I won't go there either. Most of my TV on DVD collection is black and white.

I really enjoyed the discussion on "The Fugitive" as that may be my all-time favorite as the stories are very well written with Dr Kimble always intersecting the lifes of other folks...telling the stories of these other folks so well with just enough "chase" to keep us interested. Aren't we all glad that this series was concluded and concluded so well?

The Avengers discussion was also very interesting. Color seems to bring out more outlandish plots in many series and many of them suffer in content as a result but I agree that color did not diminish the the Riggs' Avengers. Loved both seasons.

Anyway...keep up the good work guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks