What's new

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. feature film for 2012 (1 Viewer)

dale3

Grip
Real Name
Don
Cinemareteo has a article that says George Clooney has dropped out of the project. http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/6123-GEORGE-CLOONEY-QUITS-MAN-FROM-U.N.C.L.E.-MOVIE-PROJECT.html The U.N.C.L.E. feature film curse strikes again! George Clooney has quit director Steven Soderbergh's forthcoming big screen version of the classic TV series. Clooney has not specified his reasons for dropping out of the role of Napoleon Solo, which was immortalized by Robert Vaughn in the original show. Efforts to bring an U.N.C.L.E. feature film to the screen extend back to the 1970s and each successive attempt has been aborted for various reasons. The only project to come to fruition was the 1983 TV movie Return of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. that reunited Vaughn and co-star David McCallum. (Click here for DVD review) In the 1960s, MGM produced eight feature films derived from two-part episodes of the TV series. For more click The Man From U.N.C.L.E. has been my favorite tv series. I first saw if when I was 10-12 years old. I know the series was done because of the James Bond movies. I have always thought The Man From U.N.C.L.E. could become an american franchise like the Bond movies, with lots of sequels. I thought I read Robert Vaugn and David McCallum was going to do a major feature film in the seventies, but MGM backrd out. I want a good action movie with the girls, the gadgets and the guns. Please nothing like the Wild Wild West movie letdown. The bickering and legal issues has left everyone, including the fans with nothing. Any thoughts for actors to star in the movie? Napoleon Solo-George Clooney, I know he is out of the project, might be too old now for the movie with sequels, if any. Illyia Kuryakin- Matt Damon and kind of the Bourne style action. Alexander Waverly- ??????-Robert Vaugn is getting up there in age. Over 40 years,enough of the curse. I hope WB and Soderbergh will have a good feature I can see in my lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks