What's new

The Man From Snowy River--No 2 disc release for the rest of us? (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Article from Tom Burlinson's (The Man...) webpage

Australia has a 2 disc set with DTS and special features. The US release has none.

I just watched mine. It's nice to look at except that you can tell the dark scenes are overcompressed thanks to it being P&S on one size and 2.35:1 on the other.

Also, the sound is mastered lower than any other DVD I have. Had to crank it WAY up.

Sure would love to have a higher-bitrate version with DTS sound.

The sound was pretty decent on the R1 release when I finally got it loud enough.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I'm hapy enough with the R1 release, but I sure would like to see an anamorphic widescreeen release of Return to Snowy River.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Wow. Aside from a few minor glitches in regards to the film restoration, I'm even more envious now!

The fact it got a full digital resotration AND a sound restoration and two 5.1 mixes is astounding.

I SO wish I could get this in region 1. I should hack my Philips to region-free, but I need a rather expensive remote to do it believe. And, I'd have to try to get the component outputs fixed on it once and for all. (I delegated it to SACD only after having problems before and the repairmen not fixing it.)

I'm betting if this title is revisited in the US it won't be until HD though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks