What's new

The Lucy Show: The Official Fourth Season ... Arrives on April 26th, 2011! (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I found the two-pack at TARGET -- only cost $21.71. I was lucky, because it was the only pack there, and it was just placed somewhere at random where I just happened to glance.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I just finished the first 3 episodes of HERE'S LUCY and boy, they were rough. And is this supposed to be the BEST of this series, the first ones?

In the first one where Lucy has to sing, I thought it was a wasted opportunity... I expected some laughs with her rough voice, but she turned out putting on a pretty successful show (?). About all I enjoyed here was a 1968 reference to The Beatles. Oh, and Lucie Arnaz in a bathing suit.

Second one with Jack Benny was a tiny bit better -- at least we got to see Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden as an end cameo. And again, I got to see Lucie Arnaz in a bathing suit.

Third one called "Lucy the Process Server" was the best of the first three, I thought. Seemed like Lucy was finally given some physical funny comedy to do, helping Gale Gordon find his money in the trash.

I really hope things get better, maybe with Lucy getting to do some funny things. Gale Gordon is a lot of fun... but in any case, the material has to be there.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Joe, I wouldn't necessarily say the first ones are the best ones. The "good" ones are kind of mixed in here and there. In season 1 I think the better ones are "Lucy's Birthday," "Lucy's Working Daughter," "Lucy the Matchmaker" and "A Date for Lucy."

In season 2, I recommend "Lucy and the Andrews Sisters" (GREAT musical show), "Lucy at the Drive In Movie," "Lucy and the Used Car Dealer," "Lucy and Johnny Carson," "Lucy and Lawrence Welk (very silly and blatant remake of an ILL ep, but still funny) and "Lucy and Carol Burnett."

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Joe K., wait till you get to the episode about the Gorboona. You might wonder if finding the two-pack at Target was good luck or bad!

Actually, the best three seasons of HERE'S LUCY are the last three. First of all, Desi Jr. left the series and there's more Lucie, which I know you'll like. Secondly, her old writers Madelyn and Bob wrote 1/3 of the episodes from that point on, and although they're not that great, they're often decent enough.

By the way, in the first episode, Lucy's singing voice was dubbed by Carole Cook. Why they thought Lucy's fans wouldn't instantly know she was dubbed is one of those little HERE'S LUCY mysteries that are difficult to solve.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi

I just finished the first 3 episodes of HERE'S LUCY and boy, they were rough. And is this supposed to be the BEST of this series, the first ones?

In the first one where Lucy has to sing, I thought it was a wasted opportunity... I expected some laughs with her rough voice, but she turned out putting on a pretty successful show (?). About all I enjoyed here was a 1968 reference to The Beatles. Oh, and Lucie Arnaz in a bathing suit.

Second one with Jack Benny was a tiny bit better -- at least we got to see Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden as an end cameo. And again, I got to see Lucie Arnaz in a bathing suit.

Third one called "Lucy the Process Server" was the best of the first three, I thought. Seemed like Lucy was finally given some physical funny comedy to do, helping Gale Gordon find his money in the trash.

I really hope things get better, maybe with Lucy getting to do some funny things. Gale Gordon is a lot of fun... but in any case, the material has to be there.

Joe K, check out "Lucy the Fixer." If you want to see Lucy and Gale doing prime slapstick in the Laurel and Hardy tradition, this is a good one and one of the best episodes of season one.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
There are only a handful of keepers in the first few seasons IMO and they are "Lucy's Working Daughter", "Lucy and Ann-Margret", "Lucy and Carol Burnett aka Secretary Beautiful", "Lucy and Johnny Carson".

I think the show improved after Lucy broke her leg in real life because she was not able to do the physical stunts anymore so had to rely on sharp delivery and witty dialog more of the time. She was just as funny at this but was hardly ever afforded the chance because writers always wanted to give her those block comedy scenes to work with instead. I enjoyed her being sarcastic and witty like Eve Arden and Bea Arthur.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Someone uploaded some 5th and 6th season episodes of HERE'S LUCY to YouTube, obviously taken from bootleg DVDs (because you can see the menu) -- and, of course, they won't be there long, so if you want to sample them, you better hurry.

They seem to be all Madelyn and Bob scripts. I was fascinated studying "Lucy and the Franchise Fiasco." Listening to the words of the script, it seemed as if it would have been a classic 1st or 2nd Season script for Lucy and Viv -- and yet -- it just wasn't funny! I kept trying to figure out why, and I settled on 1) the acting is too broad; it never seems "real"; 2) the timing is off; 3) the direction isn't good.

I have to say I find HERE'S LUCY the most frustrating sitcom in TV history!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by Kasey

There are only a handful of keepers in the first few seasons IMO and they are "Lucy's Working Daughter", "Lucy and Ann-Margret", "Lucy and Carol Burnett aka Secretary Beautiful", "Lucy and Johnny Carson".

I think the show improved after Lucy broke her leg in real life because she was not able to do the physical stunts anymore so had to rely on sharp delivery and witty dialog more of the time. She was just as funny at this but was hardly ever afforded the chance because writers always wanted to give her those block comedy scenes to work with instead. I enjoyed her being sarcastic and witty like Eve Arden and Bea Arthur.

Me too, Kasey. Lucy had a way with dialogue that almost no one could match. People focus so much on the physical comedy that I don't think she's given nearly enough credit for her wonderful delivery. Even in I Love Lucy some of my favorites episodes are mostly dialogue driven, like "Lucy Tells The Truth."

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I Love Lucy, while having great physical comedy set-pieces, also had very witty dialogue at times that all four leads could deliver with polish. Another dialogue-driven episode that is a favorite of mine is "Ethel's Birthday."

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Originally Posted by JohnMor
"Happy birthday, Mrs. Mertz. And I hope you live another 75 years!"
Yes, that's been quoted numerous times on various natal anniversaries around here. Another line I love because of Vivian Vance's delivery:

"Oh, I was wondering what to wear for all those smart dinner parties I'm always giving!"

Another episode which nobody talks about but which is truly inspired: "Vacation from Marriage":

"Nothing personal, Ethel, but I'm sick of the sight of your face!"

and

Lucy (when locked on the roof of the building with Ethel): "One of us could jump off and when a crowd gathered, she could tell them that I was up here!"

Ethel (another droll VV delivery): "I hope you don't think I'm a bum sport ... but let's think up another plan."

and

"Oh, yes! We've been to 21 four times this week!"

"That's 84!"

and

Ricky: "You know something, Fred. I hate to admit this, but I'd like to see Lucy tonight.
Fred: "I can top that. I'd like to see Ethel."

A lot of these dialogue-driven shows are remakes of "My Favorite Husband" radio shows. Another great ILL which orignated on radio is My Favorite Husband's "Liz the Matchmaker" where Richard Denning and Gale Gordon find Lucy and Bea Benederet in a man's hotel room dressed in lingerie and utter the great lines:

"Liz! You! Here! Dressed in that! You must be out of your mind!"

"Iris! You! Here! Dressed in that! HE must be out of his mind!"

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I totally agree. For all the talk of stomping grapes and the candy factory, I LOVE LUCY was loaded with great dialogue which I've been quoting for a very long time.

Ethel and Fred were given the greatest lines.

Some of my favorite Ethels, in addition to those already mentioned:

Wait till Mickey Richardson hears about this!

Is this the place that's sore?

Fred was different tonight. He was ... almost human.

And some Freds:

I didn't know what I was doing! I was half crazed with hunger!

She's my wife ... she's supposed to make me sick.

(When Lucy and Ethel asked him which one of them looked more like Marilyn Monroe): I think I look more like her than either one of you.

OMG, I could go on and on ...

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Ethel: "She really let him have it, eh Tightwad?"

Fred: "You said it, Tacky!"

Lucy: (crying, to Ethel) "Please don't make jokes. You're the only English-speaking friend I have!"

Lucy: "Since we said 'I do' there are so many things we don't!"

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Vivian: "Don't you remember your children? Mr. Mooney?"

Lucy [With amnesia]: "I have a child named Mr. Mooney?"

Lucy: "Weren't you ever a teenager?"

Mr. Mooney: "Well, of course, what do you think?"

Lucy: "I thought one day they opened the bank vault and out you popped, full grown and stingy!"

Lucy: [Viv and Lucy are trapped in a rapidly-flooding shower stall] "Well, let's not argue! We've got to get some help!"

Vivian: "Where?"

Lucy: "Well... maybe somebody will come by the house and save us!"

[Lucy and Viv are trapped in a shower stall rapidly filling with water]

Lucy: "Where's Lloyd Bridges when you need him?"

Lucy (to Ethel Merman): "You can sleep in our guest room."
Vivian: "Guest room?"

Lucy: "You know, the room with the chintz drapes?"
Vivian: "That sounds like my room!"
angry.gif

Ethel Merman: "Now I don't want to turn Vivian out of her bedroom."

Lucy: "Viv insists. It will be something to tell her grandchildren that the great Ethel Merman slept in her bed."
Vivian: "I was wondering what I was going to tell my grandchildren."
action-smiley-002.gif

(After Mr. Mooney starts swooning over Dick Shawn in drag)
Lucy: "How's your wife?"
rolleyes.gif

Mr. Mooney: "Compared to what?"

College Friend: "Remember when we set you up on that blind date with that female shot-putter with the butch haircut?"
Mr. Mooney: "Yes"

College Friend: "PHEW! And she had a really stupid last name, too, didn't she? What was it?"
Mr. Mooney: "Klottendorf."

College Friend: "KLOTTENDORF! Boy, if I were her I'd have changed my name."
Mr. Mooney: "She did. It's now Mrs. Mooney."
angry.gif

The Countess: "Will you please tell your employer that La Contesse Phillippe Francois Jean-Louis Andre Framboise de Cul-de-Sac wishes to speak with him?"
Maintenance Man (played by Bill Frawley): "OK. Hey Boss, there's a dame here to see ya!" (he exits)
Lucy: "You know, he reminds me of someone I used to know?"

Mr. Mooney: "Now this wine comes to us all the way from India."
Lucy (drunk): "By elephant, I presume."
action-smiley-002.gif

The Countess: "Lucy, I'm feeling a bit flushed."
Lucy: "Look! We've got a royal flush here, everybody!"

(while trying to rescue Greenback, Mr. Mooney's pet cockatoo which is on the telephone wire)

Vivian: "DON'T HURT MY GRASS SKIRT!"

Lucy: "Oh for Heaven's sake, if we don't catch this bird we won't be getting anyplace and it won't matter if you GOT A GRASS SKIRT OR NOT! "

Audrey: "Oh, dear. I wasn't suppose to say anything."
Thelma: "Say what?"
Audrey: "It's a secret."
Thelma: "That's never stopped you before."

Lucy: "You stepped on my Santa!"

Vivian: "From now on you'll just have to call him "Kris Krinkled."

Lucy: "Face your fear and it'll disappear, I am facing my fear, it won't dissappear, stays right here."

Judge: "Does this barking go on the WHOLE night?!"
Lucy: "ALL night, EVERY night!"
Judge: "Mooney, you're guilty as SIN!"
Mr. Mooney:
shocked.gif
!
angry.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Mooney: "Mrs. Carmichael, since I'm in such a good mood, you don't have to do that paper work today."
Lucy: "Thank you, Mr. Mooney."
smiley.gif

Mr. Mooney: "You can do it tomorrow.
smiley.gif
Goodbye, Mrs. Carmichael."
Lucy:
smiley.gif
. . .
shocked.gif
! "WAIT A MINUTE! Tomorrow's Sunday!"
angry.gif

Mr. Mooney: "Bravo! You know the days of the week!"

Lucy: "I kind of like that we have two trees. It makes everything twice as cheerful and twice as festival."
Vivian: "And twice as many pine needles to sweep up."

Mr. Mooney: "I see you got a SMALL tree."
rolleyes.gif

Lucy: "Well I'm sorry, but I don't like those small trees. They just don't say "Merry Christmas!"
Mr. Mooney: "and a bankrupt new year."

Lucy: "Well isn't it a small world!"
Mr. Mooney: "And with you in it it's no wonder they're racing for the moon."

Arthur Godfrey: "Come on Lucybelle, go on over there and drop your hanky."
Lucybelle: "You want me to play hanky panky with a YANKEE?!"

Lucy: "But you're married! You should give this to your wife."
Dean Martin: "If I gave it to my wife, she'd think I'd done something."

Vivian: "See my pretty balloon?"
Lucy: "Such a pretty red balloon. Can I have it?"
Vivian: "It's blue!"
Lucy: "Well all my life I've wanted a blue balloon! "

Lucy: "Are you kidding?? Mr. Mooney wouldn't lend money to Richard Burton if he left Elizabeth Taylor as collateral! "

Vivian: "And you're working for Mr. Mooney! How is he?"
Lucy: "The same as ever."
Vivian: "Too bad. I hoped the California climate changed him."

Lucy: "I owe the butcher, the baker, and if I don't pay the light bill, I'll owe the candlestick maker!"

Mr. Mooney: "I've come up with a slogan sir!"
Mr. Cheever: "Good! I hope it is better than the last bank managers! Do you know what that idot came up with? "You can bank on us!" Imagine! Have you ever heard such an idiotic slogan for a bank?"
Mr. Mooney:
shocked.gif
!!! . . . .:hmm:
Lucy:
cheesy.gif

Mr. Mooney: ... "Umm... We must be a good bank, your baker puts his dough here..."
Mr. Cheever: "Your BAKER puts his DOUGH here?"
Mr. Mooney:
undecided.gif
"Well that's not the whole thing. The rest of it is "Your baker puts his dough here so he has it when he...kneads it."
undecided.gif

Lucy:
rolleyes.gif

Vivian: "What's this Mr. Mooney like?"
Lucy: "I don't know, but I saw him from across the bank and he looked so sweet!"
Vivian: "You can't tell if a man is sweet from across a bank!"
Lucy: "Why not? You could tell that Barnsdahl was sour from clear across town!"

Lucy: "Well I’m certainly lucky your day is Saturday."
Mary Jane: "No, my day is Tuesday. I switched with Mildred."

Lucy: "Oh, Mildred’s day is Saturday."
Mary Jane: "No, her day is Wednesday, but Mildred switched with Roselle who’s day is
Thursday...and Roselle switched with Irving"

Lucy: "IRVING?!"
Mary Jane: "Irving is a bachelor. He uses it for date bait."

Vivian: "Quiet you'll wake up the children!"
Lucy: "What children?"
Vivian: "Our children!"
Lucy:
shocked.gif
"You and I are married?"

Lucy: "You know what? Mr. Mooney is an embezzler!!!!!!"
Vivian:
shocked.gif
"Mr. Mooney, an embezzler?"
Lucy: "And do you know who's money he's embezzling? MINE! MY HARD EARNED TRUST FUND!!!!"
angry.gif

Dan Field: "When we get married, there's something I've ALWAYS wanted to do."

Lucybelle:
shocked.gif
"What's that?"
Dan Field: "Found a town!"
smiley.gif

Lucybelle:
cheesy.gif
"That's a great idea! Let's find a town and found it!"

Lucy: "Vivian, don't you want to say goodbye to ugly fat?"
Vivian: "No, I want to go say "Hello" to some bacon and eggs!"

Lucy: "Oh, I always used to watch you on the radio!"
George Burns: "You watch me on the radio?"
Lucy: "Oh no I meant I listen to you on the television!"
George Burns: "You listened to me on the television?"
Lucy: "Yes, that is the year my picture tube blew out!!"
George Burns: "Then you should have went back and watch me on the radio."

Lucy: "What did we do before television was invented?"
Vivian: "We used to hit the radio."

Mr. Mooney: " Now Mr. Benny do you have any marks on your body?"
Jack Benny: "Well...just one back here." (whispers in Mr. Mooney's ear)
Mr. Mooney: "IT is spelled J-E-L-L-O."
Jack Benny: "Yes in those days we had trouble paying sponsors."

Mr. Mooney: "Now let's move on to wine number nine."
Lucy: "Wine number nine! It tickles my spine!"
The Countess: "You are DIVINE!"

Lucy: "I have a date tonight."
Mr. Mooney: "Oh, an old flame from Danfield?"
Lucy: "No, a new match."

Lucy: "Hello Mr. Mooney!"
Mr. Mooney: "Hello, Mrs. Carmichael."
Lucy: "You remember my girlfriend?"
Mr. Mooney: "Yes, Hello Baby Jane."

Mary Jane:
sad.gif

Mr. Mooney: "Miss Merman! My daughter Rosemary who lives in Trenton is going to have a baby. Our first grandchild, so my wife has gone to be with her during the birth."
Lucy: "Why aren't you going with her?"
Mr. Mooney: "Irma is perfectly capable of getting to Trenton by herself."

Lucy: "Don't you want to be with your daughter when she has her baby?"

Mr. Mooney: "Of course, but any grandchild of mine would insist that the show MUST go on!"

Mr. Mooney: "Can I have some more macaroni?"
Lucy: "Fine, we'll divide everything in half. One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me. One for you and one for me. One for you and--"

Mr. Mooney: "You're taking all the big ones!"
sad.gif

Lucy:
rolleyes.gif

Lucy: "Would you like to donate to our fund?"
Jerry: "I gave last month!"
Lucy: "That was for the Danfield Volunteers. This one is the Hospital Helpers fund."
Jerry: "Fine." *gives money*
Lucy: "Five cents?!"
Jerry: "You forget, with me contributions aren't deductable."

Joan Crawford: "Mr. Mooney, your fruit basket didn't go to waste. I donated it to a charity."
Mr. Mooney: "Good it's deductable!"
Joan Crawford: "I know. I'm deducting it."

Lucy: "You have a number to do with Mr. Mooney!"
Vivian: "Oh, he can tiptoe through those tulips by himself!"

The Countess: "I was wondering if perhaps you could lend me money for the charm school."
Mr. Mooney: "I'm sorry, Countess, but our bank is not in the proper situation to finance a charm school."
The Countess: "But I was so counting on you."
wink.gif
kiss.gif

Mr. Mooney: "Counting on Teddy!
cry.gif
Oh FUDGE!!!!!"

The Countess: "Remember Liza, there's a right time for everything."

(Pours punch down Dora Dunbar's dress)

The Countess: "And that was the right time for that!"
Dora:
cry.gif
"FRED!"
cry.gif

Fred: "SHUT UP, DORA!"
grin.gif

Milton Berle: "She makes a Caesar salad better than Julius!"
Ruta Lee:
cheesy.gif
"Milton, that's a very funny line!"
Lucy: "It's mine!'
angry.gif

Mr. Mooney: "I am the president of the Danfield Bank!"
Vivian: "Well, you look more like the president of a piggy bank."
cheesy.gif

Vivian (drunk): ... "Marge and Hughie."
Lucy (drunk): "Oh Viv! You spelt Marge with three G's. You know there are only two!"

Lucy: "Are those look-a-like contests really on the level?"
Dottie: "Of course. Why?"
Lucy: "I once entered an Elizabeth Taylor look-a-like contest and never heard back."
Dottie: "You expected to win an Elizabeth Taylor look-a-like contest?"
Lucy: "Of course not! I'm too tall."
smiley.gif

Lucy (to Milton Berle): "Your poor wife laughs at your stale jokes in Kansas City and gives you chicken soup when you're sick and what do you do? You call her "stupid" and carry on with another woman!'
Ruta Lee:
shocked.gif
"ME?!"
Lucy: "Oh don't act so innocent, you teenybopper!"

Lucy:..."So I called Mary Jane."
Cop: "Hold it. Who's Mary Jane?"
Lucy:
undecided.gif
"She's my... cat."
Cop: "Do you often phone your cat?"
Lucy: "Yes, whenever she's away from home. I call her and say, "What's new, Pussycat?"

Mr. Mooney: "Mrs. Carmichael, my doctor has been trying to get me to give up skiing for the last fifteen years and you've succeeded in fifteen minutes!"
angry.gif

Lucy & Vivian singing:

"Buy some Crazy Crunch today.
C-R-A-Z-Y
Make your taste buds say, "Hooray!"
C-R-A-Z-Y
With a crunch-crunch here
and a crunch-crunch there.
Here a crunch
There a crunch
Eat a bunch for lunch or brunch
Buy some Crazy Crunch today.
C-R-A-Z-Y
It's full of nuttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttts!"

Lucy: "How about "Carmichael's Carmel Corn: Buy it by the Bagley!"?

Lucy: "You have a date with a boy who drives? He isn't old enough to drive. How old is he?"
Chris: "Sixteen."
wink.gif

Lucy: "Well I bet he's just barely 16......Well, alright I guess you can go."
Chris: "Gee thanks Mom! You're a doll! You too, Aunt Viv!'
Lucy: "Viv, do you remember your first date with a boyfriend with a car?"
Vivian: "Yeah!"
smiley.gif

Lucy: "I do! His name was Vinnie Myers and he had a Model T. We thought we were really living! First we went out for dinner, and then we drove out to the lake and --
shocked.gif
CHRIS, YOU'RE NOT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
You just might have a little bit too much time on your hands.

The first two seasons of THE LUCY SHOW have lots of good lines. Of course, they had Madelyn and the three Bobs writing the scripts -- and through that era, the writers had in their contracts that they were to write for Lucy Carmichael exactly as they wrote for Lucy Ricardo. That all changed later.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi

I don't think it's of any importance that THE LUCY SHOW and HERE'S LUCY never are mentioned as "one of the greatest sitcoms in TV history". I like plenty of comedy series which never make those lists, just to name THE MUNSTERS and THE ODD COUPLE, for starters.

Maybe he applies different standards to THE LUCY SHOW and HERE'S LUCY than those other comedy series that don't make the TOP/GREATEST lists?

And doesn't he take into account that very seldom does a comedy spin-off or a follow-up show rank higher than the mother/original show in these so-called TOP/GREATEST lists? I guess not.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Corey3rd

I find it impossible to think that anyone somehow grew up with only The Lucy Show and/or Here's Lucy and not I Love Lucy also on their TV dial. Sure these shows aren't as great as I Love Lucy, but they're not nearly as bad as Reba or She's the Sheriff.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of viewers were first exposed to I Love Lucy rather than The Lucy Show and/or Here's Lucy. And as we all know, I Love Lucy has been in constant syndication while her other shows have been seldom played. I think viewers had certain expectations of her other shows as a result of seeing the original first. And, of course, her other shows disappointed some as they were no I Love Lucy.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Oboy. Not too many of those lines impressed me, but humor is very subjective. I like Lucy when she's more of a physical comic, getting into jams -- not just spouting off unfunny lines. Even on I LOVE LUCY.

Here's hoping...

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney
Maybe he applies different standards to THE LUCY SHOW and HERE'S LUCY than those other comedy series that don't make the TOP/GREATEST lists?
And doesn't he take into account that very seldom does a comedy spin-off or a follow-up show rank higher than the mother/original show in these so-called TOP/GREATEST lists? I guess not.

Maybe I didn't make my point clearly.

There are a huge number of people who love I LOVE LUCY but don't even like THE LUCY SHOW or HERE'S LUCY.

And I made the point that Lucille Ball's TV career deteriorated enough so that while I LOVE LUCY usually is ranked #1 or #2 on lists of the greatest sitcoms in TV history, her followup series never even make the Top 100. That has to be significant. The vast majority of people just don't have the fond memories of the other shows that they have of I LOVE LUCY.

I guess it's true that all followups and spin-offs aren't as good as the originals -- but there's usually not that bad of a fall-off in quality. For instance, RHODA wasn't as good as THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW, but it was almost as well done.

Actually, no one would expect THE LUCY SHOW and HERE'S LUCY to be as good as I LOVE LUCY. That isn't the point. It's how badly inferior they were that's the point. There are usually several good laughs in a typical episode of I LOVE LUCY, but in a typical episode of the last three or four seasons of THE LUCY SHOW or all of HERE'S LUCY, you're lucky if you smile or even chuckle once or twice.

The lines you quoted from THE LUCY SHOW don't hold a candle to the lines we quoted from I LOVE LUCY. And I defy you to come up with a similar list for HERE'S LUCY. I would think that would be close to impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks