What's new

The Lucy Show: The Official Fourth Season ... Arrives on April 26th, 2011! (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by Rob_Ray

It's just having fun with the entire Benny persona. And, remember, perhaps no comedian was as dearly loved in mid-twentieth century America as Jack Benny. He made a career out depicting himself as the ultimate tightwad when everyone knew that he was one of the most generous men in Hollywood.

Gotta say that I LOVE Lucy and Benny together. Even better than Lucy and Bob Hope. I love "Lucy and Jack Benny's Biography" and "Lucy Visits Jack Benny" especially. And the thought of him (in real life) stealing their welcome mat periodically just kills me.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Also, I hope I don't offend anyone who enjoys the episodes I hate or call travesties. Comedy is very subjective and I'm not commenting on anyone's taste but mine as to what makes me laugh vs. what makes me groan. I don't mean to imply that I'm putting down people who like or love these eps. Believe me, I wish I did love them too. A lot of people worked hard on them and they should be enjoyed.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMor
Gotta say that I LOVE Lucy and Benny together. Even better than Lucy and Bob Hope. I love "Lucy and Jack Benny's Biography" and "Lucy Visits Jack Benny" especially. And the thought of him (in real life) stealing their welcome mat periodically just kills me.

I enjoy any Lucy episode that has Jack Benny in it. He and Lucy have great chemistry together and it definitely shows on the episodes he appears in.

Speaking about Jack Benny, you do you know that he was Lucy's next door neighbor in real life?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney

Quote:

I enjoy any Lucy episode that has Jack Benny in it. He and Lucy have great chemistry together and it definitely shows on the episodes he appears in.

Speaking about Jack Benny, you do you know that he was Lucy's next door neighbor in real life?

Yep, I heard that they would steal each other's welcome mats back and forth. And such beautiful homes. I used to go walking in Beverly Hills, and Roxbury Drive was one of my favorites. And neither had a gate or anything. You could walk right up and ring their bell, if you were so inclined (which I wasn't). That would never happen today with such huge stars.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Jay*W

Season 4 is $14.99 at Target this week!

Picked up two more sets earlier this week. I was going to get a third set but it was the only one left and I thought to myself, "now why do I want to do that? Deprive someone else of picking up a great set at a great price?" So I chose not to pick it up hoping someone else would.

But anyways ... thank you for mentioning this. If it wasn't for your message, I probably would have not gone to Target and thus missed out on a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks