What's new

The Love Boat (1 Viewer)

GarySchrock

Second Unit

Princess actually is airing at least some of the episodes on their in-cabin tv's. I caught a couple of episodes on my last cruise over christmas vacation, and have to admit, was surprised at how well I still liked them.

(Oh, and they also sell the dvd's in the gift shops, never looked at the price, but I doubt it was all that good.)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I've never really seen this show but thinking of getting it as a blind buy is it worth it?

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator

Love Boat is a good show. A LOT of famous people were on the show. It's kind of like any show, you just have to give it a try. Some people like and some don't.

My suggestion: See if you can rent it or watch a few episodes online.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

You can find online episodes of season one by going over to the imdb.com - and looking up the first season.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
The Love Boat mermaids were only on the show in season 9,which was the final season.I wasn't a big fan of them,as I thought the show went downhill a few seasons before that.But I'll,more than likely,get all seasons that are released just for the sake of completion.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

there are episodes filmed on ships. Quite a few featured scenes shot on the real boat mixed with fake studio work. They did more the first half of the season. The Richard Mulligan as a novelist segment of his episode was one a boat while the other two were studio.

Jon Baker

Second Unit

Teri Hatcher got her big break as a Love Boat mermaid so the 9th season might sell well among Desperate Housewife fans.

That musical, though, really takes the cake for all time bad. Each one of the crew members gets up and sings in the final number. The entire program was made up of washed-up MGM stars belting out tunes written for this "extravaganza." I'm only sorry This had to happen after Lauren Tewes got sacked, because I would've loved to hear Julie come marching in with "I'm just the ship's cruise director..."

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant

And fans of Lois & Clark !
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

If there are any others of those, besides me!

-g

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator

Lois & Clark was a good show. I own the whole series. I don't know why a lot of people didn't like that show.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Add me to the list. I have the complete series. It's one of my very few post-80's TV/DVD sets. I think that the perception that most don't like the show may be off the mark. Remember, that one was among the most-wanted shows on DVD before it got released.

Love Boat: I have S2V1 in the cart but waiting for an online CBS/P sale, which may be awhile as their sets don't see sales often.

I can't remember when I stopped watchng Love Boat during its original showings. I think it was the season after the Capt's daughter's character joined the show. I wasn't aware that it was a 9-season show.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
One stopped watching Love Boat when you finally got a social life and had a excuse to not be sitting near a TV at home at 9 p.m. on a Saturday.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Any news regarding the release of Season 2,Volume 2?There was 5 months between the last two volumes,so,following the pattern,S2 V2 should be released in June,with us getting news sometime in March.I hope this show isn't abandoned.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I doubt we're going to see this show hit the abandoned list since there is the encouraging element of every season through 5 transferred to HD, plus even in a worst case scenario CBS/Paramount never leaves a show hanging in mid-season even if they plan to abandon it afterwards.

Watching it, I've noticed that CBS/Paramount opted not to be cheap when it came to music with this show, be it music performance or band music aboard ship.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I missed this,at first,but TSoD has a news item reporting that Season 2,Volume 2 will be released on August 4.They even have the artwork posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks