What's new

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King official Region 1 cover artwork (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much what I'd expected. Looking at these DVD covers, I can't help but wonder that the EE's will be silver now.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
whats the usual first week street price on the theatrical editions of these films?

this is going to be a rare occasion where i go in full well knowing i will be double dipping...and happily.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Well, that pic of the tape looks to be TWO tapes. Not sure about TWO discs WITH the film. I guess they'll have a little more room on the Extra Features DVD without the Behind the Scenes look at the next picture.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I will be double dipping happily as well. :)

I have the Ext of Fellowship and both versions of Two Towers. I need to get the 2 discer of Fellowship for the remaining extras.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I think they've both been easily found for about $15.99.

And if you double dip, you'll likely be able to get a rebate upon purchase of the EE ($5 rebate) or EE Gift Set ($10 rebate). Assuming they continue the rebate program from the first two films, of course. :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'll be getting both, just like before. Glad to see it's coming out so soon. I also like the blue case.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I'll wait until the EE of all three movies are made available in a box set, extra features not necessarily included. I've seen the theatrical edition of the first two movies, but wouldn't mind seeing the EE of the first two before diving into the EE of the final chapter.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

that's about what i paid to see this in the theater once with a large popcorn and medium diet coke.

its seems so odd to see people happy about a big release like this- and not venomous about the presentation or having to buy something multiple times.
nobody seems to be bitching about the extras either.

freaky.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Not to nitpick, but it's kind of annoying how the Fullscreen version is put up front

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
That blue case sure looks cool. Can't wait for the EE box. :emoji_thumbsup:

Also, I'm glad that Aragorn is featured on the spine (after all, the title of the film refers to him ;) ). I didn't really like that the fanmade cover posted awhile back that had Sam on the spine.

As was the case with the previous 2 films, I'll be double dipping as well.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
*sigh* Why can't more DVD covers look as beautiful as that? Coverart almost sells me on it alone on double dipping!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks