What's new

THE LONE GUNMEN on DVD (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just watched episode 13 last night. A great episode, but how disappointing that the two-parter was never completed. Still, the series was great. Its a shame Fox didn't think enough of it to give it a better time slot and keep it alive longer.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I finally got to disc 2 and both sides are side B. I'm going to try to return it tonight, but if I run into problems there, does anyone how to contact Fox about getting this fixed?

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Thanks Gord. I predict no problems returning the defective set. I buy most things at my local grocery store (they have a Home Electronics department with a fair selection). They've never given me problems returning discs. My only concern is they won't have anymore sets. That phone number will come in handy if there's nothing to trade it for.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Mark,
I'd expect that ALL their titles will have the same flaw.

Fox had two different problems with the set. 1) Disc 1 contains a label that was placed on the wrong side - Side A is side B, and side B is side A. 2) Disc 2 contains two side B's.

Now I've been told by two people that they discs they received after contacting Fox had problem 1; label on the wrong side. I've kept one of the manager in the loop on this right from day 1 (or -5, since it occured before the release) and they should have everything straightened out....I hope.

Gord

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I finally just started my Lone Gunmen set today. I held off till I got the disc 2 replacement disc. So far I watched the pilot episode and now I am rewatching it while listening to the commentary as I am typing this.

Looks to be a really good set... only complaint I have so far is that it don't have "play all".

This is the first time I seen these episodes since they first aired... so I will be enjoying seeing these episodes again! :)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Just checked my set and Disc 2 is labeled backwards too, mine was from Amazon.com as well, can someone who received the replacement disc confirm that it's labeled correctly?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Not on my copy. I watched all 14 episodes on the set and the extras. None of the discs had the same content on both sides, although disc TWO had the label reversed (Side A was Side B, and Side B was Side A).

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
I just picked up my LG set within the last couple weeks or so (from the local WalMart), and there don't appear to be any problems whatsoever with my set. I haven't watched any full eps yet, but I have had each disc (both sides) in the player (because of this very thread), and everything seems to be as it should (episodes listings in each menu are exactly as they should be). All labelling is correct as well...both Side A and Side B (flipside) listings on the first side of each disc (on the hub), with NO labelling of any sort on the flipside.

So, maybe they've gotten the problems straightened out on sets that are shipping now.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

No offense Gord, but your memory sucks. :D

However, the "2FOX" was enough of a lead for the search engine to lead me to the actual number. It's 1-888-223-2FOX.

Thanks again. The store I picked it up from currently has none in stock, but they have one on order and it should arrive soon. I'm going to hold off and give them one more try. If that doesn't work, I was told to mail the bad disc and a short note describing the problem (that they were well aware of) to:

Fox Consumer Customer Service
Attn: Alma Soto
20102 South Vermont Avenue
Torrance, CA 90502

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I do have a late tie-in with my DVD Review, an interview with Dean Haglund (one of the Lone Gunmen actors).

Does anyone know how well the LG DVDs are selling?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks