What's new

The Littles (Mill Creek vs S'more) questions (1 Viewer)

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I'm watching this show on netflix instant watch. And based on the disc contents on netflix site it appears they have the older S'more DVD set. S'more's title for the set implies it is unedited yet accounting for the runtime of the TV special the average runtime for an episode would be about 21:30 based on the total runtime for the set. And the Mill Creek DVD set accounting for the TV special and movie runtimes the average runtime for an episode would be 23:45 based on the total runtime for the set. Based on that info and the run time for the episodes from netflix instant watch it is clear that the S'more set is not as it claims to be (unedited). However it isn't clear if the Mill Creek set is not edited as well since the typical runtime of a half hour time slot episode in the early 80s was 25 minutes +/- 30 seconds. So that has me wondering is the Mill Creek set unedited? and does netflix have the Mill Creek set? It wouldn't be the first time their info page for a title is not accurate to what they actually have. Which is why I ask in hopes that someone knows. I like seeing old shows but hate when someone takes the time to put it on DVD but doesn't care to put something out in the original unedited airings. It's like ripping pages out of a re-releasing of a book.

wizard55

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I had a bit of a hand in the features and release of S'mores set and they always claimed they were the original ABC airings and uncut. Now that you brought this up I do wonder....I know S'more is more complete than the syndicated airings, and probably more than the airings on Toondisney back in the day. Besides the bumpers (which are included as an extra on S'more), I'm not sure would else could be missing. I do know though the NCircle DVD release (and the earlier dvd release) of the movie are cut and cropped versions. Music, some sound effects, and a scene or two were rearranged from the original VHS releases of the film. That is why I will be holding onto my vhs copy. The special "Liberty and The Littles" I do have the original VHS release and it seems to be the same. http://www.toonzone.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-263946.html Here is an old post I made with more specifics.

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Interesting discovery there. I watched the movie on netflix instant watch. I don't think I ever seen it before that. I was hoping someone owned both sets and could do a side by side simultaneous playback to see what differences there were. I had been thinking more today about TV shows on DVD especially those from the 70s and 80s where the episode run times are much shorter such as these are here. In fact I posted a thread before making this post on the subject of time compression. Someone with the two sets to do side by side compare would be able to identify i the only difference is time compression. Because by watching simultaneously side by side one would end up lagging behind the other after a short time requiring frequent pausing to maintain sync. I just remember I did this with another series I have original airings of some of the episodes I used to compare to the DVD set to make sure the episodes weren't edited. I encountered time compression in those particular episodes and figured it was a rare exception. Now I don't know what to think and am constantly wondering if what I'm watching is the original airings for anything put out on DVD that is older than the idea of putting shows on DVD. Especially all the old shows I grew up with and seen when originally aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks