1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

"The Little Match Girl" (1937)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by rob kilbride, Jan 28, 2007.

1. rob kilbride

rob kilbride Well-Known Member

Rob Kilbride
    Has this Charles Mintz cartoon ever been released on DVD. I truly loved the new Disney version and am very curious to see this.

2. BernieV

BernieV Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this animation is the same one, but you can probably tell from the artwork.

3. rob kilbride

rob kilbride Well-Known Member

Rob Kilbride
    Looks like a live action version.

4. BernieV

BernieV Well-Known Member

Most listings indicate Format: Animated, Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC. Run time for the original was 8m, which fits with the DVD's total time of 60m [6 features]. I assume the drawing of woman and child in the Christmas tree ornament was taken from the title story. If you're familiar with the work, however, you can judge for yourself.

5. WadeM

WadeM Well-Known Member

You can see screenshots that lay out the storyline of that short here: http://www.animationshow.com/forums/...php?t2403.html

Unfortunately, it hasn't seen an official release yet (at least in R1--not sure about other regions), but I'm certainly hoping for it, along with the other Color Rhapsody cartoons. Even though it was nominated for an Academy Award, it just doesn't seem to be that well known. I only knew about it through Leonard Maltin's Of Mice and Magic book.