What's new

Blu-ray Review The Lion King 3D: Diamond Edition Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Colin Davidson said:
Will be purchasing this one, unless of course I win one.
I as well. Winning would be great, but one way or another this will be in my collection.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Brisby said:
More BD-Live bullshit means I have to hold onto the old DVD instead of being able to sell it off. :f
I've gotten into the habit of hanging onto all my DVD's even if I upgrade to BD. The Ultimate Toy Box (Toy Story), Star Wars, Alien, Star Trek, the Vacation movies, all the Disney's, Shrek, Terminator...and the list goes on. If someone asks, I'll point to things like this. No skin off my nose, really, since removing ten discs from my collection isn't going to make a ton of difference with storage...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
I've gotten into the habit of hanging onto all my DVD's even if I upgrade to BD. The Ultimate Toy Box (Toy Story), Star Wars, Alien, Star Trek, the Vacation movies, all the Disney's, Shrek, Terminator...and the list goes on. If someone asks, I'll point to things like this. No skin off my nose, really, since removing ten discs from my collection isn't going to make a ton of difference with storage...
I wait until I get the Blu-ray and can see if everything is ported over. If it's all there, I sell the DVD. If not, I hold on to the DVD... and a grudge against the company for not putting everything on the Blu-ray. :)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Adam Gregorich said:
We have three copies if the two disc BD/DVD Diamond Edition to give away. To make sure that everyone can take advantage of Week one pricing in case they don't win the contest will end Friday October 7th at midnight PT. Usual exclusions apply: must be alive, over 18, and in the US or Canada to win.
Checking pulse....I guess I qualify on all 3 counts.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
David Deeb said:
Hate to admit, but I've never seen this film.
bodysnatch2.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Haven't seen the film in years, but remember enjoying it quite a bit. Looking forward to the blu-ray release.

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
HTF. Excellent, knowledgeable reviews that tell it like it is and throwing in some contests.. thank you.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I also do not like extras being BD-Live, but that's the movement the studios are making? Moving toward streaming and downloading. I like the physical discs where my audio/video system will determine how I watch and listen. Question: Will downloads and streaming media have the exact audio and video capabilities that Blu-ray players and home theater systems? (This question is for another thread.) I have that very nice boxed DVD set with the hard cover book and collectible case, so I'm keeping it anyway. And it's an excellent review, Matt!

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Not sure if my earlier post qualifies me for the drawing, so here's another one! I did get to see the 3D version in theaters a couple of weeks ago. I don't think the 3D really added a whole lot, but it wasn't that distracting, either. It was great to see it on the big screen again, and with what sounded like a fairly fresh audience of younger kids. I couldn't tell for sure, of course, but it sounded like a lot of them were reacting as if they hadn't seen it before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks