What's new

The "lighter side" of HT with Halen!.. (1 Viewer)

Halen

Stunt Coordinator
An honest to God, truly ficticious account that really happened to someone that doesn't exist:

HT newbie:
Day 1.
Woah! I just recieved my reciever from www.hopeitworksaudio.com today!! I haven't hooked it up yet, but MAN the sound from it is awesome!! I can only imagine how it's gonna sound once I pay my electric bill and hook it up to my Compaq PC speakers!

Day 2.
I couldn't wait for payday to test out my reciever, so I scrounged up enough change to buy a 9volt battery and hooked it up to the reciever! All I can say is, this thing has some awesome green & red light doo-hickys! They only stayed on for 3 seconds, but that's all the time I needed to see that I purchased an awesome product! I'd recomend this reciever to anyone looking to buy one! I put the battery out in the sunlight to see if it recharges any, maybe I can get a second or half of lights!!

Day 3.
I was wondering if someone could help me with the place ment of my reciever...you know to get the best possible sound from it. I was moving it around last night, and I think it's by my TV right now. I'm not sure cause I still haven't payed the light bill, and the "battery in the sun" trick didn't pan out like I thought. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone ever thought about celling mounting a reciever? Or perhaps putting it outdoors to handle the overheating problem some folks have with their recivers. BTW, mine hasn't showed signs of heat, not even with the battery attached and all three lights on for a FULL 3 seconds! I'm telling yall, if you're looking for a reciever stop! GET THIS ONE!!

Day 4.
Payed the light bill today and, OH MY GOSH!! This thing even does fireworks!! You should have seen the sparks comming out of it!! I was beautiful!! Even my dog like it! So much so that after the sparks quit, he went over and licked the reciever (how cute huh?), then he started sparking up!! I'm sure once he gets out of the Veterinary Clinic the first thing he'll want to do when he gets home is watch a fireworks show!!

Day 5.
Well, I still havent been able to hook up speakers to the reciever yet. They caught on fire when SPACKLE (my dog's name) ran over then with his tail on fire. But I do get all sorts of blinking lights when I touch remote buttons. The only problem is that the reciever DOES heat up quite a bit. I've isolated the problem though. It appears that this only happens when it's plugged into an outlet. I've remedied the problem by just keeping it unplugged. Of course I don't see the light-show anymore, but with the savings I get by not having to pay for electricty, and the piece of mind that my electronic equipment won't "burn-out" I think it's well worth it!

Day 6.
Final evaluation, I cannot say with mere words how awesome this reciever is!! It has brought peace and quiet to my home that I totaly enjoy!! My friends are so jelouse they can't bare to come over and enjoy it with me!! I'll keep yall posted on how thing come along with the speakers...i'm switching out the woofers for ones that I found in my old phone!!

DerrikW

Stunt Coordinator
dang! must sound nice, I might have to come over and listen to it one day. Now you got me all jealous, I'm gonna run and see if I can find my old cell phone.:D

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
I especially like the new AC coupling cant call it a power cord and get $$$$.$$ a inch unless you call it something different. . .

David Preston

Supporting Actor
My friend bought a receiver from there and he loves it. It is one of the lite weight receivers the ones with nothing inside the case. Looks good in his entertainment center.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
By now you probably have the itch to upgrade to a better version of the current one. :D

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Good parody.

I'd really like to see one on the self-styled gurus who debate endlessly and with astounding profundity about the pros and cons of equipment based solely on specs and their own personal brand loyalty, never having actually seen some of the stuff they so sagely pass judgement on with their ivory tower air of superiority.

MikeTz

Stunt Coordinator
Hey I know that guy who doesn't exist (Fictitious Frank). He told me that after hearing how much difference cables made in sound quality, he rushed out and bought some. Kimber palladium power cords all around, Nordost interconnects and cables, power conditioning, and hospital grade outlets. He was astounded at the sonic effect. An incredibly quiet background with absolutely no hum or noise. Of course most of the new performance could be attributed to the fact that after the cables, cords, and conditioners he had no money left for an amplifier, preamp/processor, speakers, or source components. Still, he marvels at how much difference the cables made. :D :D :D

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
You never mention what kind of speakers you're using...Or what color of sparks your receiver was emitting... Can't properly calibrate it without this information and I'd like purchase an exciting receiver like this one, if it will work properly with my current system.

Also, what lights blink?? Need to know what surround mode emits the best combination of spark and flame...

Frank_Ber

Agent
Is the display of the receiver displaying any numbers that are counting down or do you here any ticking noise? I suggest you stay close to that receiver and surprise you. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks