What's new

The "Legacy" Hockey Game in HDTV (1 Viewer)

Mario Bartel

Stunt Coordinator
So all you Hideffers, how was it?
Hockey the way it should be broadcast :)

Pretty good job by CBC, for their first effort. I thought the rail camera in front of the main action camera was a little distracting; the first couple of times I saw it, I thought it was a player who'd gone down injured, sliding across the ice :b Net cam was SD, but it even looked good; no weird stretching or anything to try to make it "fill the frame." I was impressed the cameras mounted on the glass up behind the goal nets were also HD, although they didn't seem to get much use.

I concur with what others have been saying about the audio being too low, although we have to remember CBC just figured out stereo recently, so HD is quite a leap for them. Hopefully we'll get to see MUCH more (email them at [email protected] to let them know you watched) in the near future.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
The games looked great in high definition! The picture was bright and colorful, a huge difference from the standard definition Capitals-Panthers game that I switched to between periods.

The Edmonton games looked like the ice built up a lot more snow (ice shavings) than an arena rink, but they got the ice pretty smooth. The puck slid smoothly and did not bounce around as I feared.

Thanks to HDNET for carrying both games live.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
That was THE best hockey game I have ever seen on TV. What with the hi def feed and the close positioning of the cameras (something that can't be done in a regular rink due to seating)one felt that you were rinkside. I've never seen anything like it. And sine it was -20 degrees, I'm glad I was watching it where I was - in front of a 57 " Toshiba hi def TV!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Does that mean you Americans can finally see the puck?
After following hockey since the time of the real greatest ever (a young man named Orr) I can both follow the puck and appreciate the action away from the puck.:D Would have loved to have seen the outside game, it's a shame no network carried it down here.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Great game on Saturday. I will never again complain about it being cold in Michigan. We might get a few days that cold during the winter, but it doesn't happen until January/February. Anyway, high definition has ruined hockey for me. I've seen several NHL games on HD-Net and the picture is so amazingly clear compared to the standard stuff. I can't watch hockey any more unless it's in HD. How sad is that?

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
i think he meant that no network that most cable companies in the us carry [i.e espn,abc etc]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks