What's new

The Latest Borders Coupons... (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...you're getting Border's coupons here!

You are a reward club member of theirs...and you gave them your e-mail address? And you don't get their e-mail coupons/advertisements? That's weird. Did you go through the process of telling them the stuff that they sell that you are interested in, etc.?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I used to get the coupons sent to me all the time but I kept using two or three coupons in one period (and you're only allowed to use it once per period) so I just figured I got bumped from the coupon list because of that. Even if I've just mistakenly got bumped, it doesn't really bother me because I have no trouble getting them.

Clay_E

Second Unit
So, has the never-ending coupon finally ended? I don't get anything when I go to the usual link... :(

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Good question, Clay. Since my local Borders has removed ALL of its media (save one small aisle kiosk which has a couple new releases and Christmas titles on it), I haven't been as interesetd in the Border's coupons.

But I bet someone will report with some good info.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Clay_E

So, has the never-ending coupon finally ended? I don't get anything when I go to the usual link... :(
Yeah, I think it's been gone for a couple weeks now. The best coupon I've seen for this weekend is a Buy 1, Get 1 50% off coupon (which is good until November 9):

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/nw1b1g150sl.asp?cmpid=SA_20091106

I'm not a math major but that coupon doesn't seem to be that great of a discount on anything that I wanted. If you've got two things to pick up, I guess it's better than nothing though.

Like Mike, I don't buy DVDs there any more (though it seems like my store has a bigger selection than his store) but I still pick up books when I have a coupon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I sure miss their more eclectic selection than what I find at my local best Buy & FYE.

Thank goodness there's still a Barnes & Noble nearby...although their media selection is smaller than it used to be.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The end of the Borders media experience (and coupons), for me, is one of the sad tales of 2009.

The retailers I have left have awful CD sections and their DVD/BD sections are just a little bit better--concentrating heavily on new releases.

No wonder I am getting more and more accustomed to turning to online retailers more often. I'm probably one of the last holdouts. (I should qualify I've purchased many things on-line...but I figure I still do the bulk of my shopping--especially "window shopping"--at local retailers.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks