What's new

The Last Stand (1 Viewer)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Just got back from a 10pm showing and was the only one there. I hope this just means this theater needs to advertise these early screenings and doesn't mean people are going to stay away from this. I saw the trailer with quite a few crowds and it seems a lot of people were laughing at seeing an old man doing an action film. Yes, Arnold is way too old to be kicking ass but I think this film works like those Cannon/Charles Bronson movies did back in the 80s. It's just a nostalgia trip getting to see an action star doing what he does best. Just turn your brain off to the age and enjoy. This film pretty much delivered everything an action fan should want. There are some pretty good car stunts, lot of bloody action and non-stop violence. I guess 2013 is going to be a gory year as both GANGSTER SQUAD and this are pretty bloody, which might turn some off. The violence is pretty much non-stop with countless bodies being blown apart in a variety of ways. None of it is graphic but those who enjoy this type of thing should have a blast. Arnold's scene where he kicks into action was a great one and will certainly have his fans smiling. His acting hasn't improved over the past decade but this was still a very good role for him and he makes it fun. Forest Whitaker is also good in his supporting bit. Harry Dean Stanton has a nice little cameo as well. Everything in the film is pretty stupid so it's best that one turns their brain off. Johnny Knoxville is quite annoying in the film and there's a little too much comic relief. I'd say the film could have used about ten-minutes being cut out but even with these flaws it's still a fun movie.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Was she the hottie in "Man on a Ledge"?
I never saw Man on a Ledge, but according to IMDB she was the character Angie. I saw her last week on Craig Ferguson promoting The Last Stand and she looked incredible. - Walter.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
TravisR said:
I know I'm not going to get a Jim Cameron/Arnold movie with this. I'm just hoping for something that, even though it's most likely silly, I still have fun watching it.
People certainly shouldn't expect T2 but it seems like the film is getting mostly positive reviews. This turning out to be good gives me a little more faith that the upcoming Sly picture as well as THE TOMB (with Sly and Arnold) will at least be fun. But what do I know? I watched A HAUNTED HOUSE today expecting to hate it but it too turned out to be a hilarious spoof.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks