What's new

The Last of Us (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Great DLC!

My only gripe is that for $15, it's a tad short. Overall, I had a very positive experience with it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't know about a guarantee. Pretty vague comment in that link if you ask me;"The discount talk came after a lengthy post on the PlayStation Blog, which outlined the next DLC, Grounded Mode. A commenter asked about a potential discount, which led to the following response: "We’re looking into the business model for all this and will post about this once we have input from all regions," said Naughty Dog creative strategist Eric Monacelli."Doesn't sound very encouraging. Regardless, I'm picking it up. ;)

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
Amazon.com says the PS4 version of THE LAST OF US arrives on JUNE 20TH

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
By the time I get around to this, it'll be in the PS4 $10 bin and I will have a PS4 because my PS3 will have died and no longer be replaceable. . .

Real Name
Roger
For mine, The Last Of Us was a classic Naughty Dog experience. Story came first and the game play complemented it perfectly. The opening level left me speechless at it's conclusion and the rest of the game had me gripped. I'm seriously considering buying the PS4 remastered version.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd be really surprised if they did, but it would be nice if for a nominal fee, all you needed was your Last of Us PS3 game disc in the PS4's disc drive in order to play the PS4 version.

This made sense at launch to get people buying and playing a game like Call of Duty Ghost several weeks before the next generation hardware launched or to get people that were expecting or at least hoping for a next gen console for Christmas to not hold off on buying one of the big Fall multiplatform releases for their PS3 or 360.

But all they'd be doing here is creating goodwill. Unless they think few that played this on the PS3 would be willing to double dip at $40 or whatever this will be, I'm not sure that goodwill alone is enough to get them to do this.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't believe the PS 4 is backwards compatible so it wouldn't read the PS 3 disc. $39.99 with my Best Buy discount so I'm ready. Still the best game I ever played.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Tino said:
I don't believe the PS 4 is backwards compatible so it wouldn't read the PS 3 disc.
While the PS4 cannot actually play PS3 games, it does recognize that a certain games disc is in the drive.

This has already been used on a few games, where if you 'prove' you have the PS3 game by putting it in the disc drive, then you are eligible to pay like $10 to download the PS4 version of the game.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
That's actually not quite how it worked. I believe you needed to use a one-time use code (like an online pass) in order to get the PS4 upgraded version.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
You still need the PS3 disc in the drive for verification. Sony didn't want you buying a $60 PS3 game, using the code on your PS4, and then trading in the PS3 disc.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yes, as long as the PS4 can read a blu-ray, it can read a PS3 disc. It just doesn't run the game code.

On a related note, PS3 editions of SingStar can play songs off PS2 SingStar discs on a non-backward-compatible PS3.

Gipsy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Cant waif for this game,buying a PS4 next Friday so i can play this again,$41 is not bad,and cant wait to enjoy multiplayer again.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Read online that Sam Raimi is attached to produce the upcoming film version. Still my favorite game ever and can't wait till Tuesday !

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
From Deadline"Screen Gems today trotted out a Comic-Con god in Sam Raimi, who dealt the kind of catnip that fanboys love. Raimi was there with Neil Druckmann, creator of the Naughty Dog game The Last Of Us, to talk about how that PlayStation 3 survival horror action game is being turned into a feature with Raimi producing and Druckmann now writing the screenplay. Screen Gems President Clint Culpepper, whose previous big vidgame-to-movie transfer was Resident Evil, basically has given over big creative controls to Druckmann in the movie transfer. That includes casting, and choice of director."

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
More:"At this point, Hugh Jackman and Josh Brolin have been the consensus fan favorites to play the role of Joel, and the choice most heavily favored to play Ellie is Maisie Williams, the Game Of Thrones star who’s so sparked about this prospect that she would have shown up for today’s panel were she not waylaid by being part of an Entertainment Weekly cover shoot for GOT.Said Raimi: “It’s gonna be a great character journey, a great love story, and great horror fiction.” Raimi took a moment to tease the prospect of more Evil Dead: “I always loved working on that series with Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert, and my brother and I are writing the Evil Dead TV show right now … with Bruce Campbell.” They even toyed with the idea of having Campbell be in the Last Of Us film adaptation, and really, have we ever had reason to grow tired of that thesp who has been intertwined with Raimi since 1981′s The Evil Dead? That film, by the way, is a touchstone for Druckmann and the creatives behind the Naughty Dog videogame empire."

Gipsy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Any one wanna play multiplayer together when this comes out,Prefer if you guys have a mic for communication.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And strangely Gamespot gave it a 8/10. This game should be 10/10 EVERYWHERE!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks