What's new

the king of all speakers?? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Jup

If you are interested in my idea of the king of all speakers...you should check out the Apogee Acoustics Grand...1300 pounds...includes some Krell amplification...dedicated 600 watt Krell subwoofer amps...dedicated Krell 500 watt tweeter amps...very very hard to find...I know of a pair that recently sold for $85,000...I heard a much smaller version...and I was considering buying a $13,000 version...however, the Grand is one of the most amazing speakers ever made. Please keep in touch with me.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi AG

I was shocked when I turned on my computer to see that I had virtually forgotten the source of the material on the Apogee Grand...if you think that Brian Damkroger had a problem with his advancing age...I have at least as much a problem myself ;) ...the Halcro DM88 is at least as interesting as any amp that I have ever seen...I have read a little about very very high end amps including the Kraft amp and some highly unusual 4 chassis amps whose name I don't remember...I have never subscribed to Stereophile...however, I have read through a number of issues...enough of this...thanks again for following up on my advancing age related memory problem :)

I have a couple of things that show Apogees in use in what appear to be existing or emerging HT applications...thanks again for the great original link...and let me know how your new speakers and Krell amp sound to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks