What's new

The King from the Burger King commercial...pitch man or homicidal stalker???.... (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Can we refrain from calling this soulless offerer of meat and deciple of Satan with the plastic smile "The King", it's an insult to Elvis and Elvis' fans everywhere.

;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Instead of a reality show...How about one of those versus movies?......The King vs. Freddy :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Has anyone seen the King Kong Burger King ads? :laugh: I won't describe it in detail so you can see it yourself, but let's just say it involves a girl dressed like Watts and a huge Burger King.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the new Kong commercial last night. It's not as good as some of the other King ads, but still pretty funny nonetheless.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else think that the McD Clown sitting completely motionless on a bench is.. umm... "inspired" (to put it politely) from the King?

--
H

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
those ronald bench statues have been around for many many years.
not to say the comercial isnt trying to cap on the BK spots.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I don't know what those people were thinking, waiting for the BK character to wake up. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Every time I see one of these BK ads, I feel like I should be creeped out, but I'm not. I just laugh and laugh -- they're hilarious!

I like the new one where the King wakes up, and the guys from the other commercials are all in his bedroom staring at him.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Although, its a little freaky. When the guy sitting next to him. gives him a little nod. Your not sure if he wants sex or a sandwich. :D

We need that MTV show "Celebrity Deathmatch" back. We can Ronald McDonald vs. The stalker King.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It was a good run. I liked it. Anyway always liked BK better then the rest. I rarely choose a product based on the advertising, but the King might have done that if I already was on their side. I do like the commercials for 1800 Tequila with Michael Imperioli, I'm tempted to buy a bottle just due to the commercials.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by TonyD

It was a good run. I liked it.
Anyway always liked BK better then the rest. I rarely choose a product based on the advertising, but the King might have done that if I already was on their side.

I do like the commercials for 1800 Tequila with Michael Imperioli, I'm tempted to buy a bottle just due to the commercials.

I have to drive past 7 or 8 McDs to get to my closest Burger King, so I don't make it there that often even though they taste better. Thankfully we are starting to get some Five Guys. I'd love In 'n Out, but I think I'll see pigs fly first.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Ad men always want you to remember their pitch and product. Burger King certainly stands out, but not in the right way. Kind of like the Energizer Bunny. I remember their ads, they really annoy me and I have never bought their batteries. Sounds childish but that's life. You've got one tiny consumer out here that won't buy your product. Pretty meaningless overall, but it's my choice.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What made me mad about the Energizer bunny is that they copied the idea from Duracell and then cried foul when Leslie Nielsen dressed up as a big Energizer bunny knock-off for a beer ad. "We worked hard to develop that!" No. You didn't. Duracell had the clapping monkeys, and the first Energizer bunny ad said, "Duracell didn't invite us to their playhouse!" and the clapping monkey-inspired drum-beating bunny came out in a room full of Duracell monkeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks