What's new

The Jack Benny Program Right Holders (1 Viewer)

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
Flashgear said:
I'm really looking forward to seeing a list of what's included here...I hope it's all new or mostly new to dvd...anyway, I'm glad that Shout is keeping the great man himself alive on dvd!
Me too! :)

adf3comcast

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony DiFlorio
I was in formed by email by Antenna TV that the Burns and Allen Episode, "A Night of Vaudeville" from the New York Season 6 was not aired due to content. What could possibly be offensive in B&A? Can you ask Ron Compton? Also, they said that the episode "Ronnie's Fan Club" from season 8 had an unusable master.

adf3comcast

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony DiFlorio
skees53 said:
Antenna TV doesn't air any public domain programming at the moment. Jack Benny was acquired through Universal late last year after RTV (which actually does air some public domain material now, but did not at the time) lost the rights to all of the Universal programming that they air. I may be mistaken (since I'm not as well versed on what goes on over at MeTV), but I'm pretty sure that MeTV MAY have acquired Jack Benny from Universal as well, once Antenna is finished with airing it... Universal made a big library deal cooperatively with both MeTV and Antenna TV which involves them acquiring some of the same series, and trading some of their Universal programs at some point down the line. And as for Burns and Allen, I know for certain that it was acquired from Sony. In fact, it was supposed to be on the lineup the day that Antenna went on the air, but Sean Compton (who oversees programming for Tribune, and has a more direct hands-on role with Antenna) said that they there was some delay with Sony preparing the episodes for them to broadcast, which is why it debuted on Antenna a few months after their launch (the person who handles the news for the website where I do reviews communicates frequently with Compton, and Compton has always been very straightforward and honest).
Why won't Antenna TV air the B&A episode, "A Night of Vaudeville" from the new york Season 6?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
adf3comcast said:
I was in formed by email by Antenna TV that the Burns and Allen Episode, "A Night of Vaudeville" from the New York Season 6 was not aired due to content. What could possibly be offensive in B&A? Can you ask Ron Compton? Also, they said that the episode "Ronnie's Fan Club" from season 8 had an unusable master.
If it's vaudeville and not aired for content, my guess would be a minstral number.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks