What's new

DVD Review The Inspector General: Collector's Edition DVD Review (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, that is a lot of trouble to get working. I often think about one day if I lost my hearing, which of my fav films and shows I'd still be able to watch. Luckily there are quite a few. But not this, my second favorite comedy of all time. Oddly, I'd probably still watch it since I practically know it by heart. :)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Bob Koster said:
This was the best copy we could find. It came from a California collector who had it hidden for years. I suspect it was only played once or twice because there were very few scratches and blips on the print, and the color was the best I've seen in years. There is a wealth of material in those home movies, but Dad did not cover every film he made. He did extensively cover the films he made in Europe, pre- World War 2. The doc CONEMA'S EXILES on BS had some of that footage, a little bit, anyway. And UNERWUENSCHTES KINO (UNDESIRABLE CINEMA), a film made a few years ago by Filmarkiv Austria, had quite a but more, but there is much more not yet seen. I will be in discussion in a few weeks with a producer who approached me about making a feature length doc about Dad's life, and of course much of the home movie footage will be included, from both here and abroad. I will try to prevent as much as possible the inclusion of the hundreds of feet of film Dad took of me naked in the bad yard at age 6 months, etc. Trust me - you wouldn't be happy with that.
Mr. Koster: Do you know what the deal is with closed captions? Are they hard or expensive to get on a DVD? I would think closed captions have been made for The Inspector General. Unlike subtitles, which are DVD or studio specific, I thought closed captions were often done for the benefit of the public as a whole.

Bob Koster

Grip
Real Name
Bob Koster
And I thought that you had to be hearing impaired to qualify for closed captions. See? Shows you what know. Maybe if you ask the HTF membership as a whole there will be an answer. Start a new topic. I wish I knew, but I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks