What's new

3D The Incredibles and Ratatouille: 3D in the works (1 Viewer)

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I never purchased The Incredibles on BD for specifically this reason, anticipating that a BD 3D edition would hopefully come to pass, as was the case for other past Pixar offerings, such as Monster's Inc., Finding Nemo and, as it turned out, the entire Toy Story trilogy. If this happens this year, I will make this an XMAS buy--a new tradition of sorts regarding 3D in my home since 2011!!!!!!!!!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Incredibles has some moments which would make for great 3D pop out, i hope Pixar stop playing it safe and incorporate some pop out into any future 3D release of the film, i would also like a 7.1 re-mixed soundtrack.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Jari K said:
What does that mean, "incorporate some pop out"? :)
You know what i mean. :P

@Ron

Unfortunately i think you are right, if they don't care then i don't care to re-buy it and i'll stick with the 2D edition.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Ronald Epstein said:
Don't think Disney cares about pop-out in their animation.
Fair enough, but The Incredibles has some great opportunities to exploit not only depth, but some scenes that (with proper virtual camera placement) could truly "pop". I can only hope that Disney/Pixar doesn't take the safe route.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I await this and A BUG'S LIFE anxiously in 3D. RATATOUILLE is currently available as a perfectly fine 3D Blu in Europe, leaving only BUG'S LIFE and THE INCREDIBLES unreleased among the Pixar titles in that format.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I put off buying the existing Blu-ray precisely because certain other Pixar movies—namely Toy Story 1 and 2 and Monsters, Inc.—were released as 3-D editions but were 2-D theatrically. So naturally I was waiting with arms crossed and one tapping foot for The Incredibles to follow suit. Fool me once...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well, The Incredibles 2 is currently scheduled for June 2019, so at the latest I would assume a Blu-ray re-release with 3D would tie into that movie's theatrical launch (Ratatouille could be simultaneously, as Disney usually likes to drop more than one title at once, and Ratatouille was also directed by Brad Bird.)

However, 2019 is a long way off, so maybe they'll do it before then.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Based on Disney's refusal to release any more 3D Blu-ray titles domestically, I have given up hope we will see any additional releases.

Perhaps all these plans or for International markets?

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
Ronald Epstein said:
Based on Disney's refusal to release any more 3D Blu-ray titles domestically, I have given up hope we will see any additional releases.

Perhaps all these plans or for International markets?

But is Pixar handled differently? Inside Out got a 3D release. Disney (as in Walt Disney Pictures) does not seem to release their movies in 3D domestically. Pixar and Marvel all get 3D releases still. Are they given free reign to handle it as they see fit?

Also, if The Incredibles and Ratatouille get 3D releases, that leaves just A Bug's Life and WALL-E to get the 3D treatment.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ed,

My apologies.

I forgot about Pixar.

Yeah, based on that analogy, who knows.

However, I know that past 3D upconversions done by Disney (Toy Story, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo) only returned modest sales. In fact, I believe it was those releases that convinced Disney to pull out of the domestic 3D release market.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ronald Epstein said:
Ed,

My apologies.

I forgot about Pixar.

Yeah, based on that analogy, who knows.

However, I know that past 3D upconversions done by Disney (Toy Story, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo) only returned modest sales. In fact, I believe it was those releases that convinced Disney to pull out of the domestic 3D release market.

That's disappointing the TS, LK,andBATB had poor sales since I thought the 3D was excellent in all three. I wonder if Disney's pricing had anything to do with that. If you're a parent trying to keep the little ankle biters happy, 2D is probably good enough and it will cost less. Disney jacks up the price then wonders why there stuff doesn't sell.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I bought every one of the Disney titles as well.

Johnny makes a good point, though. Disney really jacked up the price of those releases than wondered why they didn't sell.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ronald Epstein said:
I bought every one of the Disney titles as well.

Johnny makes a good point, though. Disney really jacked up the price of those releases than wondered why they didn't sell.

I wait till they are on sale. I picked up the 3D titles Frozen and Beauty and the Beast for $15 each when they had the BOGO sale.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
RolandL said:
I wait till they are on sale. I picked up the 3D titles Frozen and Beauty and the Beast for $15 each when they had the BOGO sale.

But by then Disney has probably already decided they didn't sell well enough.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I guess I'm the only one who bought every single one of those 3-D titles from Disney. Sorry, Disney, I tried.
No, you're not...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
But by then Disney has probably already decided they didn't sell well enough.
A 3-D copy of FROZEN was selling in Arkansas? I thought it had only been released in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks