What's new

The Incredible Hulk - Season Two news (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I really hope this sells well. If so, hopefully we'll see Season 3 in less than a year, and 4/5 shortly after.
Every fan out there, please make sure you pick this up!

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm definately going to buy this set, I love the series. I hope they include some better extras this time, I don't want a bonus episode from season 3 to be included in the set.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
As far as extras are concerned, it looks as if we are getting an on camera interview with Ken Johnson. Appparently he was going to supply Uni with some rare behind the scenes photos as well. Knowing Universal, they will probably keep that for an upcoming release so as to spread the special features out.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I agree! I'll definitely pre-order this once that comes up as I, too, love this series and I also hope that there are better extras than a cheesy episode from the succeeding season. Typical stupid Universal marketing that they followed with ``Magnum'' and ``Knight Rider''.

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
Regarding "extras," Universal's website says that Season Two will consist of Kenneth Johnson's new interview, his commentary on the episode "Married" (already available on the "Original Televison Premiere" DVD)....

AND....a "bonus episode" from Season Three: "Homecoming".

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

See what I mean? I mean, I guess one way of looking at it is that it'd be great to have AN episode from S3 if S2 sales bomb, but still... :rolleyes

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
*groan*

I'm interested in Johnson's interview, I hope it's longer than some of the 10 minute featurettes that are on some DVDs. I want to know as much information concerning the making of the series as possible, an at least 30 min length or longer interview would be good. A Lou Ferrigno interview would be greatly appreciated on a future season set.

I'm already planning to purchase every season set that is released, so extra episodes from future seasons seem like a waste of disc space. If they continue doing this, then, hopefully, they will include all three made-for-TV movies on the season 5 set. I'd also like to see a featurette showing the history of the Hulk character, from the comics to the screen. A Stan Lee interview would be nice too. Also, where are the deleted scenes? Universal did a great job on the original Battlestar Galactica series, with lots of deleted scenes and interviews, why can't they do more with the hulk? Both shows came out at the same time.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
While we're on the subject of extras we'd like, I'd like to see a featurette on the life of Bill Bixby. He was central to the show's success and his life and career deserve recognition.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'd love to see a Bixby featurette too. He was perfect as Banner and the heart of the series.

I didn't realize that, I'd still prefer better extras over bonus episodes.

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
I see this is to be a 5-disc set. How does Universal propose to put 24 50-minute episodes on 5 discs without using the dreaded double-sided DVD-18 or DVD-14?

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
They put five episodes of The Rockford Files on each DVD in those sets. It's becoming quite common to put five episodes (or ten for a half-hour show) on each DVD. There's not much of a difference in quality (usually none in fact) and they've been able to use that type of compression for quite some time now. Up until the last year, however, studios had been keeping the episode counts down to make it look like you're getting more of a deal (a four-disc set looks larger than a three-disc set). Shelf space has become a bigger deal, there's increased production demands, and less importance is placed on the number of discs (more people understand the concept of buying full seasons, so they no longer advertise the disc count as prominently). Thus, studios are looking for fewer discs per release to keep costs down. Of course, that's just my perception of the situation (I don't have any inside information or anything) and that applies more to half-hour shows than hour shows, which have had a fair standard of four per disc.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

But all three movies are already out (and for really cheap too), and they sport some goodly sized extras. I'd hate to see them waste space doubleing up material that's already out.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I bought them recently and liked them, the extras were really good. I mainly didn't want to buy them seperately and before the series was finished on DVD. Once I realized that hey were produced by different companies, I decided to buy them in case they go out of print before the season sets are completed.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I'll be seeing Kenneth Johnson this weekend. I'll ask him for an update on the blooper reel he's working on including in the Season 3 release, and if there are any plans for Seasons 4 & 5 yet.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Has anyone seen the reissue of the Incredible Hulk telefilms that was just released? How's the quality? I've been pretty pleased with the season sets (1 and 2), but the films are from a different company, so I was wondering if there were any concerns about them. Any info appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks