What's new

The Incredible Hulk complete series set question (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I have looked at a couple of sources but can't tell whether or not the 'complete series' set also includes all of the television movies of the Hulk that were done after the series.

And as I don't know anyone that has purchased the set, can anyone out there offer up an answer??

Thanks!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was lucky I had picked up 2 of the films in a set for a few dollars from Fred's Store. That a few years ago. I just need Death... they aren't too much on amazon right now. The full series set seems to be going up in price.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Those reunion movies weren't terrible, but didn't live up to the standard of the show. Kenneth Johnson wasn't involved (why the studio wouldn't involve the creative source behind the show I will never understand). Sadly, another film - The Revenge of the Incredible Hulk - was planned, but Bill Bixby's death put an end to it.

This site is a good resource: http://www.incrediblehulktvseries.com/

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The only one of those movies I remember seeing was the one with Thor . Saw it orignally and thought it was somewhat ridiculous, but kinda liked it anyway.

I'm only on DVD 2 of the series but it sure is great seeing it again. When Banner's eyes turn I still get that slight rush of "here he comes!" lol

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I've been extremely happy with how they look and sound. I'm easy to please, but still... I saw nothing to complain about. They even include the nifty teasers at the beginning, just like old times. :)

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Is the complete series single sided disks? I'd like to get this but not if a reissue is coming.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Wvtvguy said:
Is the complete series single sided disks? I'd like to get this but not if a reissue is coming.
I believe they are all single sided. I'll have to look to be 100% sure. 99% sure. An excellent set and amazon still has it at $80. If I didn't already have it I'd jump on that even though it seems like an upcoming re-release is a gimme. Just a hunch, but it is Hulk afterall.

Don't buy the Ultimate Collection...

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I had all the seasons at one time and they were all single-sided.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
bretmaverick2 said:
I have looked at a couple of sources but can't tell whether or not the 'complete series' set also includes all of the television movies of the Hulk that were done after the series.

And as I don't know anyone that has purchased the set, can anyone out there offer up an answer??

Thanks!
It doesn;t include them.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Wvtvguy said:
They are all on single sided discs. Inside the big box there are about twenty "thinpak" Amaray-style cases (the very slim sort) each with one disc in it!

I actually bought the US set because it looks so nice on a shelf!

It's heavy though, mostly because of all those cases inside!

But the packaging is very sturdy and simple and doesn;t damage the discs, unlike a lot of "special" boxsets which look nice but are hoplessly impractical - like that awful Wild Wild West one!

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I noticed this is airing on ESQUIRE network. Not the best picture quality to me. Has anybody seen this that can tell me how it compares to the DVD? As I watch the show, I remember it started with a sort of dark, soft focus look so maybe this is as good as it gets. I haven't watched it in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks