What's new

The Incident (1 Viewer)

jayleaf

Grip
Real Name
Rob
I was remembering a movie i watched as a teenager back in the early seventies, involving two thugs who terrorize the passengers on a NYC subway car. Back then i was impressed by the gritty nature of this black and white film made in the late sixties. I couldn't remember the title, but fortunately did recall it featured Beau Bridges so i was able to track it down on the IMDB. i was amazed that it featured a pretty stellar cast, including the debut of Martin Sheen and Tony Musante as the thugs. i was even more amazed when i found out this movie still wasn't available on DVD. Comically Amazon had it available on VHS for the reasonable price of $1300.00. Granted i'm sure the film has dated somewhat since seeing it some 40 years ago, but "The Incident" absolutely deserves some respect and hopefully one day soon gets a dvd, blue ray release.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
jayleaf said:
I was remembering a movie i watched as a teenager back in the early seventies, involving two thugs who terrorize the passengers on a NYC subway car. Back then i was impressed by the gritty nature of this black and white film made in the late sixties. I couldn't remember the title, but fortunately did recall it featured Beau Bridges so i was able to track it down on the IMDB. i was amazed that it featured a pretty stellar cast, including the debut of Martin Sheen and Tony Musante as the thugs. i was even more amazed when i found out this movie still wasn't available on DVD. Comically Amazon had it available on VHS for the reasonable price of $1300.00. Granted i'm sure the film has dated somewhat since seeing it some 40 years ago, but "The Incident" absolutely deserves some respect and hopefully one day soon gets a dvd, blue ray release.
I taped it off broadcast TV years ago and I'm pretty sure I re-taped it off Turner Classic Movies within the past few years.

Parts of THE INCIDENT were filmed in my neighborhood in the Bronx and a lot of local landmarks are visible in it, including the Bronx section of the Third Avenue El, which was torn down seven years after this movie came out. In one early scene the camera zooms in on the Murphy Projects overlooking Crotona Park and then we cut to a cocktail party in an apartment that's a lot fancier than you would have found in the Murphy Houses. That was pretty funny to me and my siblings back in the day.

It's got an incredible cast, in addition to the ones you mentioned: Thelma Ritter, Jack Gilford, Jan Sterling, Ed McMahon, Mike Kellin, Brock Peters, Ruby Dee, Gary Merrill and a young Donna Mills. And they all traipsed to the Bronx for filming.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
It was available on US VHS and laserdisc, but fullframe only.I believe that there was also an Oriental home video release, because I have seen a widescreen transfer with Oriental subtitles. The Oriental transfer is much lighter (visually) than the US Fox tape and laser.I would really like to see Twilight Time release a Blu-ray of this excellent film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks