What's new

The IMDB has a new look... (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Questions about our new look? See our Redesign FAQ for answers.

Just found this near the top of the page. While I was trying to figure out what happened to the Amazon shop box. That's one of the questions they address.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am hardly the only modern and progressive poster in this thread, but I don't mind the attention. Thanks!

I thought only members could vote? On the new thing, it looks like anyone can.

--
H

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
All I know is, in the feedback section of IMDB, something like 500 people say they dislike the new style, and only about 6-7 (literally) say they like it. But the management there never really listens.

I've already become more used to it myself and there are some advantages I like; but it's the too-small text for the movie reviews which mainly bugs me.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I just looked and it's the same tiny size it was before (talking about the user movie comments).

There is an option IMDB gives to "change back to the old style" which would be great except that they go on to add "this will only be TEMPORARY".

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Either it's been changed or it's a browser issue, because to me, in Firefox, the user comments look like the same 10 point arial font as everything else.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Same here, Firefox and IE, today and yesterday. The links to the left do look smallish.

--
H

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It could be the change in fonts that could give the illusion that the fonts are smaller.

Personally, I don't like the lack of color. It makes the pages look a little too bare-bones.

Jason

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

On the IMDB feedback page, hundreds of users say the type is smaller; it's not just the font style, it's gone from 12 pt. to 10, 8 or so. My eyes can read the old size; I need to put reading glasses on for the new size. The difference is comparable to looking at the HTF text size here in the posts and then comparing it to the left size print where it says "Member, join date, etc.". But whatever.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
to change font size, hold ctrl and scroll up or down.

and damn that's a massive improvement on the old site!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they went from Times New Roman 12 on the old site to Arial 10. Arial is much larger than TNR for the same font size, and even slightly larger at one size smaller (i.e., Arial 11 > TNR 12), so they had to drop the font size to match. Trouble is that it appears that Arial 10 is ever so smaller than TNR 12.

That's the way things look over here.

--
H

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator
After initial dislike, I think it is growing on me. Although I agree that it needs more color.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
eh, dont like it so far.
looks like something is missing.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just wish there was an ISDB, (Internet Song Database). Was gonna use Music, but then the acronym would be the same.

Where you could put in a title and see every version recorded of that title. Or put in a group and see every song/album they did.

4fit?

Grip
Real Name
Jeff
I'm not too pleased with the new layout either. Thanks for the tip on changing the font size though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks