What's new

The HTF DVD Challenge 2004 (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I think I'm gonna burn out, or at least slow down pretty quick. Most of the stuff I've been watching lately has not had much in the way of extras. When I get to stuff like AQ and LOTR:EE's that'll slow me down.
Besides I am also a TV and concert addict....
So much to do....

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Updated my list and added a star rating. I tend to like action movies more than anything, if that's not already obvious from what I've been watching. I really liked some of these when I first saw them, but now I find myself checking to see how much time is left. I have a feeling a few titles might be leaving my collection.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Wow, still haven't missed a day! my luck has been holding. Problem is, the collection keeps growing....
No way am I gonna make it through everything.:eek: :crazy: :eek:

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm doing a better job of watching my collection than I am of editing my post to reflect what I'm watching, but I am keeping everything in an MSWord document.

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
There's still a week to go in this month.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I've been a bit obsessive lately. I don't think my luck will hold out, especiually when better weather arrives, plus the rate my collection grows at.....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if i watch spider-man every couple of weeks, do0es that count as a new entry?

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
How are people handling sets like Indiana Jones and the Godfather? Are you counting each disc or the sets as one entry?

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I count them as they are listed in my DVDP profile.
Ex: Indiana Jones has separate listings so I would enter each movie as a separate entry. Dble feature disks only count after watching both features. I don't have Godfather but if I did, I believe DVDP has that as a sinbgle entry, so i would have to watch all of them to count it. but than I am integrating the way my DVD's are listed into the way I count them, makes it easier to count them.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I count each movie as a separate movie, but I don't count Bonus discs as separate title, so Indiana Jones is 3 titles, same with Godfather, and same with Back to the Future. When I say I don't count the bonus disc, I mean like Freddy Vs. Jason is 1 title for a 2 disc set.

I've just decided that I will edit my post at the beginning of each month to show you guys what I've watched...

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I count each boxset as a single package, unless the discs in it are available separately. So the Woody Allen boxsets, each of which is individually available, count as 6 or 7 movies. But the Mondo Cane set, one flimsy box with 8 discs with 5 movies, counts as one entity, since they're not available separately. That's also how I have my DVD Profiler set up. A 2-disc set devoted to a single movie is just one entity. Likewise, a triple feature disc is still only one.

The grey area comes for things like the Blue Underground Christopher Lee boxset of four: three are individually available, but the fourth movie only comes in the boxset. I'm counting that as four, since it's a separate movie and kind of stands alone, but if that had just been a disc of extras I wouldn't count it at all. The Godfather set is one, no matter how you count it.

And Tony, no, you can only count each movie once (though you can count Lord of the Rings:FOTR Theatrical and Extended as two different movies, since they're different cuts).

All IMHO, of course. :D But I did the Challenge faithfully all year last year and these rules worked pretty well for me.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
It makes sense to count each individual film, so that is the path that I will take. I'll have to recount my movies, but if I take the TV shows out, it should equal out. Plus there is the never ending stream of new purchases.....

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I've added movies I've rented and movies seen in the theater. I'm doing this just out of curiosity to see how many movies I see this year.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Nice idea, Scotty.
I was thinking of joining the movie challege in the Movies forum, but I didn't quite get everything they were doing there. So, I have added all my theater trips to my list. I color coded and have separate counts for:
Film titles watched
Non-film titles watched
Films seen in a theater
DVD's watched that I do not own

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was gonna add theater too, but so far only big fish.

i dont get to the movies as much anymore.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I suspect I'll go to 2 movies this year, Shrek 2 and the Incredibles, and since I don't rent I'm just sticking with my owned collection.

Anyway, I'll finally update that original post of mine on Sunday to reflect everything I finished in January.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I don't go to the theater much any more either, but figured if I'm keeping track of my own movies, I may as well keep track of everything!

When I told my wife that she just :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks