What's new

Directors The Home Theater Forum Drinking Game (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Rule #53 If after the first 52 rules you aren't drunk, passed out or dead yet, take a victory drink.

Rule #54 Take a drink every time John Rice pisses someone off.

Rule #55 Since they are so few and far between, take a double every time you see Brian Kissinger post something that is either a concise thought, or something that has any redeeming value what-so-ever.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Rule #56: Whenever someone complains about the security sticker taking off part of the cover, or leaving sticky stuff, then take two drinks.

Rule #57: Take a drink whenever I say "Welcome to my world!" in one of the anime threads.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Rule #55 Since they are so few and far between, take a double every time you see Brian Kissinger post something that is either a concise thought, or something that has any redeeming value what-so-ever.
Can you point us to an example so that we'll know it when we see it? :p)

Rule #58 When somebody's signature takes up more space than their post, stand up, turn around in a circle, take a drink, then sit back down. Sometimes you need to get the blood circulating again. :D

Brad

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Can you point us to an example so that we'll know it when we see it?
I have all these wonderful thoughts going through my head all the time. I have great ideas on everything from theories on film, to solving world hunger, to bringing world peace. The funny thing of it is, every time I go to speak these thoughts or put them down on paper, all that comes out is something dealing with farts or breasts. Every once in a great while, I do manage to get out something about cheese, but that's it. I think I must be advanced so far above human intellect, that I'm only capable of delivering these thoughts telepathically. Problem is, I'm the only one. Damn the luck.:)

P.S. I'm so advanced that when I did a spell check of this post, I had 12 misspelled words, including "the."

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Rule #58 When somebody's signature takes up more space than their post, stand up, turn around in a circle, take a drink, then sit back down. Sometimes you need to get the blood circulating again.
I will cause people to get wasted with that rule! ;)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Rule #59 - Take a drink whenever I start blathering on about Emmanuelle Beart and how friggin' hot she is. Oops! Knock one back, boys!

Rule #60 - Take a drink whenever Holadem rants about elitist snobs. :D

Rule #61 - Take a drink whenever Bergeron changes his Amelie sig.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Too bad I can't partake in the drinking game, since I am underage! :frowning:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Rule #62 - Take a drink whenever someone asks / complains about ( seemingly abnormal ) visual aspects of a film that are intentional ( a) flaring in Saving Private Ryan, b) green tint in The Matrix, c) blue tint in Payback, etc., etc. )

Rule #63 - Take two drinks ( to calm your nerves ) whenever someone complains about Superbit discs.

Rule #64 - Take three drinks when someone incessantly hammers home their negative opinions of a film home in one of the Movie threads. ( We generally get it after the first or second post, fellas. ) Take another drink if the overall tone of the thread is positive.

Rule #65 - Take a drink whenever someone claims to not be able to see Edge Enhancement / haloing in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. Take two drinks if they claim that they can't see EE in the new release of Tombstone.

Issues, me? :)

- Walter.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Rule #64 - Take three drinks when someone incessantly hammers home their negative opinions of a film home in one of the Movie threads. ( We generally get it after the first or second post, fellas. ) Take another drink if the overall tone of the thread is positive.
Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate Armageddon? :D

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Rule #66 - Take a drink for every post that comes after someone asking how JBL speakers are before Phil Iturralde posts his long write up about them.:D

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Rule #66 - Seeing as both Tony B and I are underage, take a drink for us everytime you drink for yourself...

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Rule #67 - Take a drink when someone complains about the awful bilingual covers on Canadian DVDs. Take two if the poster is not from North America.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Rule #68 Take a drink when someone states that they find a film, a tv show, or a music band being overrated which I enjoy (eg. The Beatles, The Simpsons, Citizen Kane).

Rule #69 Take a drink whenever Jeff Kleist uses the word blaspheme in a thread.

Rule #70 Take a drink whenever you see the words double and post in the same post.

Rule #71 Take a drink whenever I try to enter Wrath Of Khan or Rose McGowan in a tournament.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Please be advised the staff is studying these suggestions for possible inclusion into the official HTF posting guidelines. Thanks for the great work, and keep it up!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Rule #72: Take a drink if you see the words "hate" and "snapper" in any thread that started as a totally innocent Warner Bros topic.

Rule #73: You may add two drinks if it was within the first three posts.

Rule #74: Take four bottles if you actually see a whole new thread dedicated to the "I hate snappers" or "Warner when are you going to dis the snapper" or similar subject.

Rule #75: Take two drinks for any thread trusting you with the fine knowledge that the poster hates his/her mom, dad, brother, sister, uncle, fiancee, spouse, boss, neighbor or co-worker. Add two drinks (to make you forget) for any truly embarrassing detail. If more than 5 truly embarrassing details: you may extend the drinking up to the next four days.

Rule #76: Take a drink if you find the words "glorious" and "DTS" less than two words apart.

Rule #77: i think u can take a drink for any post without a capital and punctuation

Rule #78: Take a drink for any thread containing posts of more than 2 different moderators.

Rule #79: Take two drinks for every post that proves that the poster's profile lies blatantly about his/her age.

Rule #80: Take a drink if you enter a "Worst movie (actor/actress/soundtrack) ever" thread and you find an abundance of the finest films, beloved blockbusters (stars, music) present in the world listed by some. Take three drinks and a bottle if only really, really, really bad titles are mentioned.

Rule #81: Take a drink if you spot a film-review by Steve Christou (you'll need it :) ).

Cees

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Rule #82: Take a drink everytime someone complains about the Academy Awards. Take two drinks if they complain that their favorite film was "robbed" at the Academy Awards. Take three drinks if the year in question is 1999.

Rule #83: Take two drinks everytime someone's idea of film criticism is to label the work in question 'boring' with no extrapolation.

Rule #84: Take a drink whenever someone complains about the unassailable nature of the acknowledged classics and then uses that as an opportunity to bash the film(s) in question.

Rule #85: Take a drink whenever someone makes fun of Zed. ( To calm your nerves. ) :)

- Walter.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Rule #68 Take a drink when someone states that they find a film, a tv show, or a music band being overrated which I enjoy (eg. The Beatles, The Simpsons, Citizen Kane).
Did I ever tell you how The Beatles are THE MOST overrated band of all-time? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks