What's new

The Green Mile SE: November 14th (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
For Warner, that's a surprising (and pleasing) SRP. Their 2 disc SE re-releases usually cost $25. I hope the running time on the back cover is a typo though, as the film is longer than 169 min. :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The coverart is disappointing. I was hoping for the more iconic outline shot of Coffey and Edgecomb shadows stretching down the cell block.

Overall, the extras are pretty enticing. Hope the King extra has some meat to it.

And yes the run time better be a misprint as the original is 188mins!

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
Dag, the 14th is going to be an expensive day. King Kong Extended, NCIS Season 2, Forbidden Planet, now this.....

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
I'm not too fond of the cover art but I'll probably double-dip on this one. Another snapper gone. Yay!!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Holy shit, never thought I'd see Doug Hutchison finally get his due on the exterior of a major DVD cover like this. Frigging cool.

That said, couldn't they have maybe enlisted Stephen King himself on the audio commentary? It's not like he's any stranger to them, he and Darabont are extremely close, and he had more creative courtesy-input on Frank's two flicks than virtually any other major big-studio feature since Maximum Overdrive.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I've been waiting for this for a few years, but after I read about the specs yesterday, I figured I'd skip on this. However, with the low SRP and cool cover, I'm sold.

Heathen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Homer
There has been some debate as to whether the film will be 188 minutes (as in the original release), or will it be 169 minutes (as depicted in the artwork displayed). Can anyone confirm the actual length?

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
The Digital Bits posted a couple of days ago that the 169 minute running time on the back of the package was a typo confirmed by Warner Home Video. They have gone back and fixed the typo. The film is the original 188-minute cut.

Now, ahem....my HD DVD announcement, please. :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The blurb lists extra scenes. If the running time is the same, then I guess these scenes are more like a collection of deleted scenes.:frowning:

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
what do you guys think?! do you think WB will release a shorter version all of the sudden!!! AUUURRGGHHH! of course it's a typo! i laughed my ass off when that guy over thedigitalbits.com posted about it like he's the smartest guy ever. WOW.gimme a break.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Count me out, I love this movie, but the same cut, I don't see any reason to get this one. I thought maybe it was going to be an Ext Ed or something, then maybe.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Darabont did an excellent commentary for Shawshank so that is enough to get me to check this version out.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Michaeldvd.com.au has a review of the Australian release here. It should be identical to the R1 set.

As suspected, the film is spread over two discs. Also, according to the review, the new documentary runs 103 min. Nice!

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Oh dear. While I applaud Warner for taking this approach to maintain the best possible quality, it's a deal-breaker for me. I'll wait for the HD DVD announcement in order to not have to deal with the disc change in the middle of the film.

DVD is looking more and more like yesterday's technology with issues like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks