What's new

The Greed of CBS/Paramount (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
C'mon CBS I just picked up the 2 split last Seasons of Have Gun Will Travel. Fortunately I found them both for around $16. But I've seen these for as much as $24.95 on line. Was there a need to break the Final Season out to two volumes with only 2 DVD's each ? C'mon, between this and the obscene amounts they are charging for the Split seasons of Gunsmoke and Rawhide. I'm definitely waiting to find these in the Slag heap or used at some point. CBS Has really gone over the edge.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
I could have told you this myself! Not only because they're the masters of splitting seasons, but their refusal to pay for music on almost anything. Not a monetary issue, but also there's the closing logo replacement.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I'm buying Streets of San Francisco but I wait until prices come way down. There's no reason for half seasons! Total rip off.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
just dont play that game with any studio - wait for the studio to put out the complete series.

but cbs did a stellar job with the fugitive. so in my thinking, they are hopefully starting a system that other studios will catch on with !!

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
I bought The Mod Squad half seasons when they first come out and they were extremely expensive. However, I was so just thrilled to get them at the time,that the cost wasn't an issue. I guess I'm the right kind of consumer CBS is looking for in this instance. Although, I'm not the kind of consumer that will buy something that has been edited and/or any show with music replacements. I'll never be a sucker to buy and accept that ever!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A few of examples...

The MSRP of the upcoming Matlock season 9 is $49.99 for 5 discs and 832 minutes of content.

The Gunsmoke S8 volumes are $49.99 per set, 5 discs, 960 minutes of content.

The final season of Perry Mason will be $45.99 per set, 4 discs, 770 minutes per set.

Now, using Matlock as the price they're willing to sell a certain amount of content and discs for, where is the greed and gouging at? Everything is comparable. The older shows had a hell of a lot more episodes, and around 10 minutes more content per episode.

And I can imagine the complaints if one 9 or 10 disc set with a MSRP of 90 or 100 bucks were released.

Oh, wait, there has already been one here for Dynasty.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I just bought the final 13 episode color season of Gene Autry from Timeless for $10. Now, I can dig that!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks