What's new

Directors The Greatest Sequel/2nd Chapter film Tournament (1 Viewer)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Star Trek: The Wrath of Kahn
Dawn of the Dead

Go and see it now!!!

I loved it and as usual, film freaks will get more out of the film than general audiences...lots of fun film references.
The film (actually titled Volume 2) is substancially different in tone from the first with lots of dialogue and characterizations and very little action.
Those going in expecting more of the same will be slightly dissappointed.

The martial arts training sequence was hilariously spot on, with grainy film stock, lightning-fast zooms, choppy editing and a martial arts master who can't stop touching his beard.

Thurman and Carradine are great, Michael Parks & Gordon Liu in dual roles, cameos by Sid Haig, Jeannie Epper and Sam Jackson, lots of Ennio Morricone music and an interesting consideration of Superman!

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
abstain, no 2010

Dawn of the Dead

Thanks Bill, now I'm even more excited. I didn't know Sid Haig and Sam Jackson were in it. I'm hoping to find time this weekend to see it, but tomorrow is my little girl's birthday party so it will have to be on Sunday.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
No need to continue these

My votes
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn
Abstain - No Phantasm II

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn over 2010 12-0

Dawn of the Dead (1978) over Phantasm II 9-0

Batman Returns

vs.

Superman II

-------------------------

Inferno (1980)

vs.

Psycho II

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Kneel before Zod!

Superman II

abstain, Inferno is very good but I haven't seen Psycho II. I need to include that in this year's October horror movie watching.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Batman Returns- the best of the Batman films, and I'm not big on Superman, period.

Inferno- Argento rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks